OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After checking on the Xbox support forums, I've come to the conclusion that many 360's have been banned from LIVE. They all seem to be from account theft and/or sharing. Here's one of the post http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/2366/t/181453.aspx

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
???? So they're doin a ban wave for stolen accounts?

This doesn't seem fair to those who originally owned the account...

Also, it says in the rules you can have your account banned for "unauthorized sharing of an account". What does that even mean? I have my account saved to two friend's 360s so I can play with my profile on theirs, does that mean I'll get banned if it's not "authorized" by somebody? WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEEEAAAAANNNNN

It just seems vague to me.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the cause of my ban, not the X360Key. I happened to be very active in the now dead non-jtag scene. I also shared my profile with a few people so they could grab the content off of it. :/ Be careful guys.

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't new the bans started in september lol ..>
Pretty sure those were about non-jtag.

In case you havn't heard alot of accounts have been comprimised lately and hundreds of dollars being stolen from linked Credit Cards.

Just check out this girl's story. She is all over Joystiq etc.

http://www.hackedonxbox.com/microsoft/

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In case you havn't heard alot of accounts have been comprimised lately and hundreds of dollars being stolen from linked Credit Cards.

Yes, the source of the profiles for non-jtag were those of the girls, and other's.

(Not her's in particular, but the way her profile was taken, and used is the same way non-jtag worked. People charged the card on the accounts, and shared the accounts with other people.)

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also, it says in the rules you can have your account banned for "unauthorized sharing of an account". What does that even mean? I have my account saved to two friend's 360s so I can play with my profile on theirs, does that mean I'll get banned if it's not "authorized" by somebody? WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEEEAAAAANNNNN

In other word microsoft doesn't want you letting your little brother or sister to use your account. Instead they want you or your parents to to make them a separate account. They claim the reason is them getting achievements for you is cheating. But in reality they want you to spend money twice if your little brother/sister wants to play online, even if they rarely do. The 14 and over thing is bull shit. It's just there to cover there asses legally, incase the kids get rapped or kidnapped by meeting strangers online.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In other word microsoft doesn't want you letting your little brother or sister to use your account. Instead they want you or your parents to to make them a separate account. They claim the reason is them getting achievements for you is cheating. But in reality they want you to spend money twice if your little brother/sister wants to play online, even if they rarely do. The 14 and over thing is bull shit. It's just there to cover there asses legally, incase the kids get rapped or kidnapped by meeting strangers online.
How the hell do they moderate that ?

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That is basically what non jtag was except instead of the user purchasing content with the cc it would be using points.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte