Xbox 120 Elite for $299 w/ $50 GC @ Target

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by jesterscourt, Jun 12, 2010.

1. jesterscourt
    OP

jesterscourt Not Brad.

Jan 3, 2007
    United States
    According to Tech Bargains, the cheapest I can find it for is $259 (through Dell Home). But I shop @ Target fairly regularly, so the $50 GC is basically knocking it down to $249. A few quick questions/comments:

I really have to rig this thing to be wireless... And it looks like I'm going to have to drop $80 on a wireless adapter?!? Sheesh. Total cost just went up to $330.

First purchases will be GTA4, Red Dead Redemption, and... possibly Split/Second, I was very impressed with the demo.

What am I missing?

2. 2wirends

2wirends Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2007
    United States
    Well, If its not too far, You could get something like a 100 feet ethernet cable for about $15. Its much cheaper than the wifi adapter and it will lag MUCH less.

3. Arp1

Arp1 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 15, 2009
    United States
    Minnesota
    Your missing; Gears of War 2, Modern Warfare 2, and when you buy GTA 4, get TBoGT off the Xbox live game market.
    Also I bought my wireless adapter for $60 online, I don't remember where, but if your gonna put the xbox close to your router, then the ethernet cord that comes with an Elite should be enough. And you'll need a live card which is $60.

4. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    you can get both addon's on a disc for only $30

5. jesterscourt
    OP

jesterscourt Not Brad.

Jan 3, 2007
    United States
    Alright, I bought the last 120 GB Elite they had. I picked up RDR, and that's it for now, I think I'll download a metric shit-ton of demos and then buy the other stuff. Oh yeah, I couldn't stomach spending 80 bucks on the wireless adapter, so I dropped under 10 for a 25' CAT5 cable that just made it from the router to the living room.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice