Xbox 1 recovery help please

Discussion in 'Microsoft Xbox' started by FAST6191, Apr 12, 2008.

Apr 12, 2008

Xbox 1 recovery help please by FAST6191 at 8:07 PM (1,197 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Edit: I got it sorted with a random mix of Slayer's install disc, autoinstaller deluxe and Tanas' custom disc and managed to get the extra couple of gigs while I was at it. Thanks to all that read it.

My setup
    1.6 xbox softmodded with splintercell + SID4.5 nkave edition. (was) latest t3ch xbmc.
    Dual boot (no idea why but it was) with shadow C.
    Stock drive

I was messing around with the http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/formatf.php attempting to take a shortcut (if I recall I sliced a gig from the topmost entry of the autoinstaller deluxe bundled partition manager and added it to the logicial partition below the normal drive and accidentally pressed go).

Now my xbox shows the UnleashX rescue dash and AID (4.12 as I recall) just resets itself (and loads again) when I try and run it (I am lucky if I can get two button presses in before it does).
    At the rescue dash (y brings up an info screen, a attempts to reinstall to no effect (not that I expected anything as is not designed for this)) it sees my network but will not get an IP assigned. Tried with router and with direct connection (normal cable but I will slice one up and make a crossover if necessary). More aggravating is FTP is "active" when it makes 0.0.0.0 assigned as IP connection (subnet is 255.255.0.0 and the gateway is 169.254.239.1 (the general layout of the "old" network))
    Copied games (straight game on a disc, no multimenus or anything) boots fine (saves predictably nowhere to be seen).
    I have xboxhdm 1.9 and a old athlon machine available (it ran an older version of linux mint OK the other day) but I have not tried it with xboxhdm yet. I would rather have a software fix though before I rip apart the xbox.
    I can get a copy of slayers evox autoinstaller
    I can also get a copy of AID4.20

I have all the important data from the drive so no need to try and rescue it (I was planning a reformat soon anyhow).
    I would like to get it back to a "freshly modded" state (if I have to mod it again that is no problem either)

Thanks in advance for any help rendered.

2. Agjsdfd

Member Agjsdfd My title

Anything I know, I know from you...
    But anywayz...
    I had similar prob, the rescue dash was keep showing up.
    Because I dont care what happens to my box, I turned the x-box off, turned it on again, I put in the Splinter Cell game(than turned it of and on), uninstalled softmod(SID Installer was still in the harddrive).
    After that, the normal MS Dashboard was showing up.

But I woudnt suggest you to do that though...
    Do you have the eeprom and msdash backup up on your pc?

3. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I have the eeprom and stuff but it is on my "dead" machine right now (and I have no external SATA reader: remember people cheap tools are not worth it). The UnleashX has the HDD password though (which is what the eeprom generates) so I can still use that.

The trouble comes in the that the installer would be on the e:\ drive which got erased by my being an idiot and the official dash only goes the can not find network connection route so I can not copy the save back.
    I have no FTP or this would be a 2 second fix.

I am hoping AID4.20 can boot and give me FTP or the option to install.
    edit: aid4.20 also afflicted by the "infinite reset" problem

4. Agjsdfd

Member Agjsdfd My title

Are you able to boot any discs?
    If yes, there should be no problem tahn [​IMG]

5. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
    You don't need any of that stuff, you can recover it with a hotswap. Hotswap into PC, grab the eemprom, and use xboxhdm to reformat it.

6. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
  7. rasputin

Member rasputin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    why didn't you stick on a dash with a file explorer ?

fast..

download a dash, xbmc or UnleashX, they both have file explorers

unpack the files and folders, and create a folder of your own and stick backup files/hacked save files or whatever you want on it

download qwix101, and use it to make an xbox compatable iso of the files and folders, note default.xbe (dashboard executable) should on the root

burn and boot it, use the file explorer to fix the xbox up, even if it means just copying the hacked save files across and redoing the softmod...