Xbox 1 - HDD UPGRADE! SUCCESS!

cardyology

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, I know there are scenes for the xbox everywhere online & have searched them to no avail...

so maybe someone here has experienced this & can help me.

I've replaced the HDD in my softmodded xbox 1 console. It all worked well & I successfully replaced the 6gig stock one with a Western Digital 20Gig one I had lying around (i know its not a massive size increase, just waned to see if I could do it)

I used the Xbox HDM .iso creator thingy and it all worked fine, up to & including locking my drive when done.

Slapped it in the xbox & its working, I managed to copy HL2 to it & play it from the drive....

...so, heres where Im going with this.....
laugh.gif

I opted to create an "F" drive/partition during the new drive creation & now I have all the folders when I FTP to the box (C,D,E,F,X,Y & Z) including the new "F:\ folder.

but I expected the majority of my new drive to be assigned to "E:" but instead, 5gig went to "E" and the remaining 12 gig went to "F:" which is a blank folder! I wanna FTP some extracted game .iso's to this space, I already extracted & FTP'ed HL2 to the "E:" space into the E:\Games\ folder so avalaunch can see them, but the "F:" has no "Games" folder.

So basically, if I create a folder in F:\ called "Games", then FTP games into it, will avalaunch see those games along with "E:\Games"

Does this make sense? Sorry if it dosnt. I've searched all over inc. google but cant find an answer!

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
So basically, if I create a folder in F:\ called "Games", then FTP games into it, will avalaunch see those games along with "E:\Games"

Does this make sense? Sorry if it dosnt. I've searched all over inc. google but cant find an answer!
it depends on the ini configuration, if it's not listed to look up F:\Games then you just need to add a new line yourself.
You can make it look anywhere for games if you want it to.

Tedorama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Get XBMC on there, much better than avalaunch, my 80gb xbox has all sorts of xvids on ther as well as the games of course.

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country

it depends on the ini configuration, if it's not listed to look up F:\Games then you just need to add a new line yourself.
You can make it look anywhere for games if you want it to.
that is in the avalaunch.ini by default

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have nothing to really contribute to this discussion, but when I first read the thread title, I swear it said "HDD UPGRADE! GREAT SUCCESS!"

Yeah, Borat is still funny.
smile.gif

spas

Trophies
XP
Country
I suggest XBMC also very carefully make it boot to XBMC as stardard I know its scary but providing you make sure its pointing to the right XBE its fine.

XBMC will automatically give the game a icon (because it has a big database o f them) its generally better to use and it knows what you want before you know what you want.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
use... I forgot what it was called... but I softmodded with it with my ARM the files are called like ENDURE or something... its fun tho huh? never messed with it tho because I new I was gonna sell it, just got it a bunch of skins! Half Life 2 is better when ripped though!! quicker loading times!

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
i still use evolution x as my dashboard but use avalaunch for the boost mode when connected with qwix for sending games over

How fast is Qwix with Boost Mode? I'm getting 10MB/sec using UnleashX's FTP and C-XBox Tool 2.

i usually get a good 12.5MB/sec usin the avalaunch/qwix combination but obviously it depends on the game as a game with loads of smaller files is different that a game with a few big ones

bobbyk724

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There is a utility called Auto Installer Deluxe which can help you do more with your softmod. Not really related to helping you and your problem...

cardyology

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for all your help guys, I got it sorted.

I just set XBMC as the dashborad and said goodbye to avalaunch.

Its nice n all, but XBMC has all the faetures I'll ever need.

Once I'd set XBMC as the dash, I just added F:\s a games source.

Cheers!
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16