Gaming XBOX 1 games on XBOX360 HDD

KingNL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
All I find over the net are long tutorials on how to burn the ISO files but I want to put them on my external HDD so I can transfer them to the internal HDD of the xbox360.
Help is appreciated..

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have a JTAG machine later versions of iso2god (and some standalone programs like xbe2god if the name has not escaped me) added support for original xbox isos. Not sure about standalone/extracted iso playback. Bonus with JTAG is you can use the hacked emulators to do nice things.

Without a JTAG machine you are out of luck. You can burn the isos using those convoluted methods if you have a flashed drive but otherwise you are getting the original game.

Frankly original xbox and 360 games are always a pain to get sorted (be it stock, flashed DVD or JTAG) and original xboxes are not hard to come by and flash (indeed you can do it with nothing more than a IDE/pata port) so I tend to suggest that.

If you are messing with something other than JTAG then you need the complete iso- many scene releases of the original xbox era had parts ripped for size purposes and are totally unsuitable as a result.

KingNL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I do have a JTAG 360 console and when I start freestyle dash it shows me the option to play xbox originals but my question is how do I extract the contents of the single xbox ISO file and where do I put them on the XBOX HDD.

With the 360 ISO files I just load them into XBOX backup creator and it shows me the files to extract (along with the XEX file).

But with these ISO files it does not even load the contents when I view them in XBOX backup creator...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you want to extract them then if the same tool you are presently using does not work then you have many others. My chosen one is c-xbox tool which comes as part of the xbox HQ PC essentials pack
http://www.aid.xbox-hq.com/index.php?title=HQ_PC_Essentials

I am not entirely sure what it expects though (just did a quick search and apparently it can be done), I would stick it in the games folder like you do regular 360 games.

If you are new to this chances are you do not have a hacked emulator (or maybe even any emulator) installed, in this case "Hacked Xbox1 Backwards Compatibility v5829" is what you want to search around with.

KingNL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, tried to extract them with iso2god and now it works.
Only problem is that when I copy the folder into my 000000000 some of the games don't seem to want to start..
Others hang on the xbox intro screen..

Going to look into that Hacked Xbox1 Backwards Compatibility v5829 and hope to find more info on what's causing these errors.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually put them into a folder called xbox 1 after extracting them wit wx360, xbox backup creator, or other such program. After that you need to edit the FSD ini file to point it to your folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1