XBLive on jTAG/RGH's publicly possible?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by DinohScene, Sep 11, 2012.

Sep 11, 2012
  1. DinohScene
    OP

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    WARNING.

NEITHER I NOR GBATEMP IS RESPONSIBLE IF YOU GET BANNED FROM LIVE WITH THIS OR ANY OTHER THINGS THAT WILL HAPPEN.

So it seems that files to go on XBLive have been released to the public for jTAG/RGH'd consoles after the defeat of the Corona V2.
    However it's been released with no source behind it.

I think that the creator wishes to be anonymous as possible since MS will respond to this.

Now ofcourse this is a great thing for people that have a jTAG/RGH and still wish to play online.
    However this can also be abused by others to make money off off "modded lobbies" and cheaters.

Source: 360crunch.

History. The basic 360 hack for the DVD drive does not allow modified games so the only modifications done were to largely just profiles and saved games. The JTAG hack came along and although it could be detected there was often some time between detection and going on live for a little while was possible. Microsoft eventually got banning down to hours and later minutes and as such nobody bothered to figure out a method by which to make the JTAG hack undetectable (even signing onto xbox live was a feat) which effectively brought to a close the era of hacked 360 consoles on xbox live (system link games are a different matter of course). RGH consoles could go on live if they used a dual NAND mod but the part that could go on Live was effectively stock/hacked DVD drive only so no hacked games there.

Staff notes- At GBAtemp we do not encourage hacking when it can affect online services and as such do not expect any real help getting this hack working or recovering from the almost inevitable fallout from it. We especially dislike paid hacked lobbies and offering such services for money.

Edit:
    Using this will now get your Console AND your profile BANNED.
    Edit #2:
    MS will ban instantly, the "XeLive" at is is called is now dead.

2. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    *boots up RGH Xbox 360*

Lets do this.

1 person likes this.
  3. DinohScene
    OP

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    If my Zephyr was glitching then I would try it out ;p

But I won't test this on my Falcon.
    I got no spare Keyvault to waste.

4. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Eh, I hoped this would appear after MS dropped support for the 360. I'm going to get a 360 only after that happens, I can't be arsed to flash again every time MS decides to update some stuff, so after they stop making new firmwares, that's when I'm gonna get one again :P

5. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Well can't seem to get it to connect on my Slim. Also decided that Microsoft is probably going to pull something, so I'm leaving mine as is.

6. DarkCrudus

Member DarkCrudus The Ghost

United States
    =/ I actually don't like this, people, from what I've seen on other sites, seem to want to torment legit live players..

Though reading further into it, seems plenty of people are getting hit by the ban hammers.