XBLIG doesn't launch on RGH 1.2 Falcon

PppppPppPpPPppPpP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm having issues getting the Xbox Live Indie Games to work on my RGH 1.2 Falcon. XBLA games and DVD games work all fine and dandy, but when trying to start any XBLIG game it just doesn't do anything.

I've tried different tutorials on how to get them to work. I've downloaded the title update that was needed for Xbox Dashboard to play them, and installed it to the (hopefully) correct location. I've turned on fakelive and contpatch in DashLaunch. I've tried to launch them from Aurora and Xbox Dashboard.

Is there anything else that comes to mind that I could try out? I'm not sure what to do next and there's some classics that I'd love to get to work again.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Upload the TU that's needed for Indie games via 360 content manager.
You might have dumped it in the wrong place.

Other things I suggest is loading the dashlaunch settings from NAND and HDD and set both to the correct values (fakelive etc)
Obviously save the settings to both NAND and HDD.

There might be a setting in dashlaunch that blocks fakelive etc from working properly, I'd say post your dashlaunch settings here if you don't know.

Reactions: PppppPppPpPPppPpP

PppppPppPpPPppPpP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Upload the TU that's needed for Indie games via 360 content manager.
You might have dumped it in the wrong place.

Other things I suggest is loading the dashlaunch settings from NAND and HDD and set both to the correct values (fakelive etc)
Obviously save the settings to both NAND and HDD.

There might be a setting in dashlaunch that blocks fakelive etc from working properly, I'd say post your dashlaunch settings here if you don't know.
Thank you very much for the reply!

I tried uploading the TU with 360 Content Manager, but it was already in the right place. Downloaded it from several different places too so it shouldn't be the file itself either.

Tried saving to both NAND and HDD, no luck still.

Here's the settings from my current DashLaunch setup pasted to pastebin for not cluttering the board: pastebin dot com slash
LZ0x9XM0

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hm try swappig autofake and fakelive around.
I remember running into similar problems once, there's likely a dashlaunch setting interfering with the process.

Another thing you might want to try is installing as a second alt dash and try launching them through that.
https://gbatemp.net/download/xexmenu-cd.32378/
Otherwise make a backup of your launch.ini and replace yours with mine from that disc.
It's a little outdated but shouldn't matter for the launch.ini.

PppppPppPpPPppPpP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Okay, fakelive and contpatch off, autofake on. Settings saved and loaded from HDD and NAND. Still doesn't start the games from Aurora or Xbox Dash.

Is formatting the HDD absolutely necessary for installing FSD???

Reactions: godreborn

PppppPppPpPPppPpP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
do the games flash, then nothing happens?
Well no, more like they don't even start at all. When pushing A to start them from Xbox Dashboard, it basically doesn't react in any way. On Aurora it does the loading bar but never enters the application, not even for a millisecond, it stays in Aurora the whole time.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is formatting the HDD absolutely necessary for installing FSD???

Nah, just install FSD into a separate folder and boot it from a filebrowser or assign a button upon boot for it.
No need to format the HDD.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can load them in dashlaunch. it will even say the title id for indie games, so you can check if there's a 000B0000 folder inside. that's the update. the games themselves are in a 00000002 folder as they're counted as dlc and put altogether using the same title id.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC XBLIG require the avatar update, so if you don't have it they wouldn't work,it would just show the MS indie image and goes to the dash, and i've encountered this at least with Aurora.
didn't think of that. that will require an internal hdd with the official dash update equivalent to whatever dash kernel is installed. op, do you have a grey silhouette for your avatar?

PppppPppPpPPppPpP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I do indeed!
didn't think of that. that will require an internal hdd with the official dash update equivalent to whatever dash kernel is installed. op, do you have a grey silhouette for your avatar?
I do indeed! I did read about the grey avatar meaning something, but wasn't sure what. Where can I find the dash update for the latest dashboard?

PppppPppPpPPppPpP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I think xebuild, probably jrunner, can download it and check the md5. or you can just download it from the 360 site.
Frick me with a stick and call me George!!!! That worked flawlessly!! Thank you a million times to each and every one of you who commented on this topic and happy holidays to all!:D:D:D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.