cpmattes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there.

Got a perfectly working RGH, Slim Corona on 17150. Tried to follow Dinos tutorial, FTPed anything down, inserted my shiny new SSD (yeah I know it's not that much faster, but it's quiter and the HDD will die very soon, judging from it's sound) and did this:

- Format it on standard dash.
- FTPed my folders back
- Update with USB-Stick to bring back Avatars and stuff
- Reinstall XBox Classic compatibility

After this, Disc-Rips work just like before and with DLC, XBLA-Games won't start from Aurora or FSD or Filebrowser. Not from USB, not from internal drive. They won't start. Tried unlocking with XM360, says they already are unlocked. Tried 360 content manager to patch and transfer, they all won't start. I can read „Applying Title Update“, then the window disappears and nothing happens, it won't start.

Spent a lot of time browsing the web, trying to find a solution. Tried different HDDs and SSDs. The result is always the same. When not using the original harddrive it came with (320 GB HDD), XBLA Games won't start, won't give a error-message and there seems to be nothing I can do.

Any ideas?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reinstall the latest dashlaunch? make sure it loads its settings from NAND?
Tried formatting the SSD a few times in a row (format, powercycle, format, powercycle etc)

Afaik, there's no restriction on storage media (aside from the 2TB FATX limit) in a hardware hacked box.
So your XBLA games should boot, I mean they can boot from USB drives on the MS dash.

cpmattes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's just 250GB. I tried all of your suggestions several times. No success, unfortunately :( They are not booting from MS Dash, not from Aurora, not from FSD, not from XEX.

When I reinsert my old HD all these possibilities work.

cpmattes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No errormessage, it‘s going back to menu after showing loading progress bar, just no reaction when I try to boot a xbla file through xexmenu.

Using this one: Crucial BX500 CT240BX500SSD1(Z) 240GB

Also no luck with this one: Crucial MX500 CT1000MX500SSD1 1TB

XBLA is only booting when original hd it came with (bought a used one) is installed. When I try to copy these to usb and start from there it‘s also not working. Even when I boot with this original internal drive (320 gb mechanical). I even reflashed nothing. Only the damn original drive.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only thing I can think of is something being wrong with the device id. however, even if there was, I don't know what the system's reaction would be. plus, the system is saying that the content has already been patched. I think the profile and device ids are all 0s when fixed.

cpmattes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
All content is patched and functional, zeroed out. Any idea what I could do about messing with the device id?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is a very odd problem. afaik, both dlc and xbla games are patched the same way. the header is replaced by the one of yaris, which was a free game on xbla. it's terrible too. I think it got like a 1 or 2 out of 10. lol iirc, xbla go in the 000D0000 folder while dlc goes in the 00000002 folder. try downloading another copy of something, patching it, then putting it on the hdd.

cpmattes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
redownloading worked for the xbla games. still everything is wirking on first hdd. when i transfer to new duplicated ssd now some ripped retail-games dont work anymore. so the files cant be corrupted. they are working on hdd a. they are not ALL on ssd B after transfer. tried ftp (binary) and usb-stick as transfer methods without success. it's like some games are linked to this specific hdd

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
content requires a profile and device id. however, I'm not sure if the device id is the hdd or the system. anyway, they're both null'd when patched, so they should be blank or all 0s iirc. it's a bit difficult to remember, because I no longer use my 360. I still update it, but that's pretty much it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

afaik, the xuid (profile id) is only needed with avatar stuff. everything else should be null'd. in fact, most things you download have already been patched, because you don't want your ids floating around out there.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, you can check with yaris swap. that's how content knows ownership. it will have a profile and device id if it hasn't been patched.

cpmattes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But they never were im the content folder, this is how YarisSwap, works, doesn‘t it? They‘re stored on hhd:\Games\Gamename. It‘s just about ripped retail-games. These can also be patched via YarisSwap?

Before I redownloaded these, I tried putting the xbla-content in the correct-folders and to patch them via xb360 content manager. That would be applying a YarisSwap, afaik, so I don‘t this is it.

Another thing I found out - All Pal Games are working, but japanese ones are not, even when they are region free. regionspoof is activated but does not work holding rb.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over