XBLA - Duke Nukem 3D RELEASE DATE!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by WildWon, Sep 15, 2008.

Sep 15, 2008
  1. WildWon
    OP

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Thank you Kotaku and 3dRealms!

Via Kotaku

3dRealms says that the XBLA port of Duke 3d (YAYAYAYA!!!) will be released on Sept. 24th (WOOHAHAHA!). They also go on to say that the Sept 24th (OMGOMGOMG) release date isn't official Microsoft quotes (boo), but still, thats enough for me! [​IMG]

As well, no mention of cost, but *this* temper assumes 800 points. Again, NO official word, but i can't see why it'd be more or less.

Can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait etc etc.

2. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    If the multiplayer servers are dead immediately, I'm personally hunting down every last Xbox Live Gold payed subscriber to find out why they're not satisfied.

Old screen deathmatch FTW!

3. WildWon
    OP

United States
    The only thing that could POSSIBLY make this better, would be user created maps. I miss that old house/garage/large yard w/ lake level i used to play all the time (NO idea on the name.)

4. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Awesome, I hope I get my 360 back by then.

5. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    Is this a remake or that one duke nukem game that been in development for a decade? I was too young when the original nukem came out and since then nukem has faded. Ill download that nukem 3 pack 4 ds when it comes out though.

6. WildWon
    OP

United States
    Its the original Duke 3d. Duke Forever is taking as long as the title. This one is a piece of history. GREAT classic FPS fun. Along with all sorts of fun weapons. Shrink Ray = badass.

7. da_rula

Member da_rula GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Duke3d was my favourite game for many years back then. I used "build" to build many custom maps, played it countless hours an LAN with friends and so on...
    BUT.. i think, the chance of getting it on german XBLA marketplace is below 5% [​IMG]

If someone knows a safe proxy download method, i would be thankfull.

8. WildWon
    OP

United States
    Well, its hitting XBLA this Wednesday for 800 points! YAY!

Via Kotaku

Now, my question. Will there be single-system split-screen play? I've been looking for info, but i haven't heard anything either way. There ARE 8-player game options for XBLA, as well as system-link play... what what about single system? Anyone have any ideas? (i know theres a good chance of it, but i'm looking for confirmation.

Thanks [​IMG]

9. Jarjaxle

Newcomer Jarjaxle Advanced Member

Canada
    cant wait been saving my 800 points for over a month since i heard this was going to be released. if anybody wants to play some online for it just add my tag Dufy Dufenstein

10. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Woot, I get my 360 back Wednesday! time to go buy a point card.

11. rscarrab

Member rscarrab GBAtemp Regular

Ireland
    Gonna be purchasing Duke3d with-in the next week.

I used to have 2 old PC's connected for 1 v 1 over LAN, i just remember the amount of user-made levels was unreal.
    Not to mention; secret hiding places, see-through hidden walls, video camera's, trip wires and pipe-bombs.
    You'd have one room completely rigged, just waiting for some poor sod to walk in. Some of the explosions were so big it caused a few hiccups on the LAN as i recall.

Used to play it online with "Kali" as well, but damn, those 56k modems only get you so far. You'd be hard pressed keeping a "bearable" ping; which is something i'll be able to maintain during online Duke3d matches now.

Hope there aren't any connectivity issues though...

I wouldn't mind re-living the good ol' days (jumping + rockets / pistol in the corner). If any of you are up for a few games; hit me up, my gamertag is AssyMcArseCrap (honestly).

[EDIT]:

@da_rula

"...i think, the chance of getting it on german XBLA marketplace is below 5%

If someone knows a safe proxy download method, i would be thankfull.
    "

I cant really say that i know a safe proxy method, but i might know a method;

A friend of mine recently lost €60 which he had payed on his credit card for a year subscription to xbox live.
    He initially couldn't access xbox live even though everything checked out on his end (wiress adaptor fine, router + WPA fine etc.). So he contacted xbox tech support and got them to pull a few strings on their end.

Long story short, he was connected & established with a 1yr gold account but couldn't use his credit card to make further purchases (which was why he wanted to use his card in the first place).
    This was because his Windows Live ID or Hotmail account, if you will, was set to SPANISH region since he lived in Spain for a year (during which time he creating his first hotmail account). (He's now back here in Ireland).

In order for everthing to function correctly he had to start off with a new Hotmail account and go from there (paying another €60). (Ball-breaking to say the least...)

My suggestion to you is to set-up a Hotmail account and (somehow) change to a different region (option possibly available within hotmail settings, not sure), than with that email address, set-up a new account/profile on your xbox, use a month/24hr gold subscription card and download Duke3d.

I presume this should work (and prove useful) for anyone looking for access to content marketed to different regions.

12. Jarjaxle

Newcomer Jarjaxle Advanced Member

Canada
    i find the multiplayer can be laggy alot thankfully i got all the multiplayer achievements already