OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
braid_pc_fake.jpg

QUOTE said:
Earlier this afternoon PC game publisher Stardock revealed plans for the March 31st release of acclaimed puzzle-platformer Braid on their Impulse digital distribution platform. Pre-orders start today for the game and come with a 33% price increase, bringing the game to a (not so) nice and round $20. Last summer, the XBLA release of Braid for 1200
microsoftpointslogosmall.gif
drew criticism from thrifty gamers the world over for its notably high price point at the time (how far we've come!).

At the height of the criticism, developer Jonathan Blow explained the reasoning behind the controversial price as a means to assure that he broke even, writing on his blog, "I had to guard against the Space Giraffe problem," referring to Jeff Minter's critically acclaimed XBLA title that released for 400
microsoftpointslogosmall.gif
and sold "only 19k copies." He further expounded on his point to 1UP last year, stating, "If those are the only people who like the game [a niche group], then I'd basically be bankrupt."

However, considering the enormous success of Braid (both critically and commercially) on XBLA over the last eight months, we're left wondering why the price tag has been upped and if the game's outspoken creator has something to say about it. We've asked Mr. Blow for comment.

[Source]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back