Hacking X360USB pro V2 - slight issues

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having some small issues with my USBpro V2. I sometimes have to turn it on or off 3 times, eject the drive a couple of times, re-plug the USB several times, spin around in a circle and then mash all the buttons at once to get the drive to detect properly.

Sometimes it will just sit there with the WINAPI light going mental but nothing showing in my computer, then it will show up as a removable drive and eventually after many resets and other probably unnecessary actions it will show correctly as a CDROM.

Is this normal or do I have a problem with my setup? I am running Win7 x64.

Once it shows up in MyComputer correctly I can RIP games happily with no other issues. The drive is a very old Samsung 943 with 0800 firmware that sounds like a train wreck while running but seems to RIP ok.

I haven't update the firmware on the pro. I am a bit thick and couldn't work out how. Putting the pro's switch in flash mode didn't seem to work for me. The update program thing couldn't see the device.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got mine today and I think mine is faulty, but ill run it by you DinohScene first to make sure!

Basically I bought the X360 Usb pro 2, a 12v molex adapter, and a fully working 360 drive (its just for ripping games)

Connected via USB to my laptop, the device is fully installed in Windows XP. No yellow exclamation marks or anything. On loading Jungleflasher, its showing as the X360usb connected, on COM 3. So as far as im aware, thats all as it should be so far.

If i switch the power switch on the pro2 two over to the left, the green LED comes on, and stays on, which again i think is fine.

However, once i connect the 360 DVD drive to it, via the supplied lead, the green light will stay on, flicker a bit and go out. It last for about 10 seconds at best, and the eject button on the Pro2 doesnt do anything. Its almost like as soon as I connect the DVD drive to it, the device is failing to power it properly.

I tested the molex 12v adapter on a sata hard drive and this powered fine for 15 minutes so it cannot be that.

So its down to the Pro2 OR the DVD drive. Im assured the DVD drive works fine but have no other way to test it.

Long and short of it is, once you connect the DVD drive to the Pro2, should the green Power LED go off after a few seconds or should it be staying on.

I also notice that the Pro2 gets quite hot underneath as well, even after just a minute or two connected to the DVD drive. Is this normal?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Tried updating the FW?
And as far as the Pro getting hot...
I only have a USB Pro V1 so I wouldn't know ;p
If it gets like to hot to touch then there's deffo something wrong.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the firmware is v.18 which im led to believe is the latest. Ive actually got it to now power up properly (i have no idea how) and using jungle flasher i can use the controls in there to open the tray, power recycle etc. But for the life of me, i cannot get it to actually see the drive so i can do anything with it

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is the drive stock or flashed with 0800?

Usually a complete reboot of your PC with the USB Pro attached might help any issues detecting etc.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dont believe its flashed with anything. I just bought it off ebay from some guy who sold it as spares from a knackered xbox. Hes adament its working. To be fair, it spins up a disc and stuff when i put one in.

He says its just out of an ordinary, unflashed, unmodded 360 that was faulty

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmm.
If the drive is compatible with your own 360, I'd say flash your FW and keys to it and test it out, to rule out that the drive may be malfunctioning.

Other then that..
It should work on both 0800 and stock FW's
Latest version of XBC?

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
your way ahead of me here lol

Basically, I had a normal unmodded 360, which ive sent away to have the xk3y installed. I also wanted to rip all of my original games, to put on to the hard drive to save downloading them. The company I bought this all off advised me to get the X360USB Pro 2, a molex 12V adapter, and any working 360 drive off ebay. So bought the drive as he said it was easier to use a different drive, rather than keep opening up my 360. He said that for just ripping games, I wouldnt need to modify this drive I bought or anything. He said it was pretty much plug and play.

All Ive managed to do so far in pretty much half a day is install the USB Pro 2 onto the laptop, and then make jungleflasher able to eject the drive etc.

Jungleflasher says that no drive is detected. Windows says no drive detected. I just cannot get it to be "seen" or indeed know where to start to get it to be seen

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
He's right about that yes indeed.
Especially if you have a couple of games like you said ;p
And yep, normally, it's plug and play.

What drive is it if I may ask?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Odd.
Normally those won't break down that easily.
Nor do the consoles that carry them....

Ohwell.
Tried rebooting your PC with the drive attached etc?
Jungleflasher running properly?
XBC can detect the drive?

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tried rebooting PC yes, no difference.

Jungleflasher appears to be running fine in that using the controls i can eject the power, power it up and down etc. It says on COM3 i have Xectuter Ck3i. Port properties shows USB XECUTER USB Pro VEr 0.18 (this is all from the DVD KEy 32 Tab. But under drive properties it says No Drive Detected.

Is XBC XboxConnect? Ive not even tried this as I dont know what it is. I thought it was a workaround for playing games without using xbox live

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Then I'm afraid that I can't help you any further.

It's odd that it cannot detect the drive.
Unless there's no firmware on the DVD drive (which is.... odd, but possible)
However, then it shouldn't eject in the first place.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only thing i can now think of trying, is a different sata cable. Because jungleflasher does all the disc ejecting etc through the power cable doesnt it, nothing to do with SATA. Im wondering if its possible that that could be shafted? As so far, ive seen nothing to suggest there is any communication between xbox DVD drive and the Pro USB2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: