Hacking X360USB pro V2 - slight issues

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah as above, Minitool Partition Wizard for changing the dirve. And ext2fsd for everything else. Works like a charm.

For some strange reason you lose a shit load of space on a formatted drive compared to an NTFS format (i had 1.81TB after a full format with NTFS, but only 1.70TB after a format with EXT4 - must be a linux thing) but the speed difference more than makes up for it. Load times for me id say are maybe 30-40% quicker on everything. It really does make a difference.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im reading up on it now but apparently its really easy to claim the space back that you "lose" due to the linux formatting (which for me, is approaching 100GB of lost space. But I can only at the minute find programs to do this under linux, and not under Windows. But hopefully there is a way as ive never touched linux in my life

Walkin

travel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finished converting the drive and putting my games back. Tried Tomb Raider again, and it's still stuttering for me. I guess I'll stick with installing to the hard drive for now.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, there are slight hiccups in the intro video. But after trying the original disc, they are on there also. But obviously your hiccups could be worse than mine. But yeah, they are in the original retail disc also.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters