Hacking X360USB pro V2 - slight issues

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right well ive had one more try at something else on this. ive connected the molex power cable to a sata hard drive, and then the sata cable from the pro2, to the sata hard drive also.

Lo and behold, even though i cannot see this drive in windows. jungleflasher indeed reports that what is attached is a western digital HD. That information has to of come down the sata cable so I can now rule that out as not faulty.

Gotta be the Xbox drive now surely! Ive got a feeling that when the ebay listing for the drive said it was working, they have probably gone off the fact that it powers up, and spins up when required and classed that as "working"

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
spoke to the chap. Hes sure it was working but hes offered to send out a couple of replacement PCBs for the drive to see if that solves the issue. got no idea what im doing, so will give it a go!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Get a small soldering iron.

First off, desolder your old board (just pressing the iron on the wires so the solder melts and the wire comes lose)
Then solder a bit of solder on the new board and heat it, pressing the wire into the solder.

It should be a breeze since the points are pretty large.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well ive managed easily enough to take the old PCB out (and numbered the 6 wires, otherwise id be a prime candidate for soldering them back in the wrong way round). Just to wait now for the other one to arrive and see if it solves my problem.

If it doesn't, the whole lot is going in the bin! :lol:

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
bit more info to this now.

PCBs (3 of them actually) arrived this morning.

I soldered in the first one, powered up, and now the drive is at least seen in jungleflasher as a lite on, and not "no device found" as before. So i see that as progress.

Windows now sees a CD drive in Explorer although I cannot do anything with it from here.

XBC when i start it up, does say that is has found the drive and I can select the connected drive as my E drive.

This is the info XBC is giving me on start up:

Xbox Backup Creator v2.9 Build:0421 By Redline99

Found ODD: hp DVDRAM GT30L mP04 at [D]
Additional Info: 09/07/27 7U01
Found ODD: PLDS DG-16D2S 0251 at [E]
<< Using OEM interface layer >>
<< Drive Failed Authentication >>
Drive Key not found or is an invalid format
Xecuter X360USB Pro v2 Adapter Found at [E]

Nero API is not available
ImgBurn 2.5.7.0 is available
EDIT:

So this is where im at. I still cannot rip as its only seeing 5mb of data on each and every disc. Im "assuming" from what I can gather, that XBC needs my drive key. Apparently I cannot get my drive key without doing some probe thing for this model of drive. Jey-sus! I have no idea where to go from here.

Dinohscene, help lol

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'd say flash over the FW on the drive with a 0800 drive.
Just insert FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF as the DVD key ;]

Extracting DVD keys need a Probe yes, however since you only use this drive as a ripper drive then you can flash it with 0800 without any problems ;]

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
YEEESSS!! HOO-FUCKING-RAY!!!

We are go!

Flashed the 0800 firmware like you suggested and we are go!

Allow me to buy you a pint of Englands finest next time you are over Dinohscene:grog:

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the firmware is v.18 which im led to believe is the latest. Ive actually got it to now power up properly (i have no idea how) and using jungle flasher i can use the controls in there to open the tray, power recycle etc. But for the life of me, i cannot get it to actually see the drive so i can do anything with it

Glad to see you got your RIPS working. The most up to date firmware is 20.1. I would only update if you have drive detection issues or problems ripping. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
8 days to backup 126 Xbox games. Not to bad, boring as hell tho! And had filled up 1.3TB on my hard drive so plenty of space left.

Anyway, I dont need the X360 Pro anymore, so might pop it in the ads! :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person