Gaming X360CE and games that don't use xinput1_3.dll

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Today i wantet to play Flame Over on my PC, as i started the game, "Full Controller Support" was displayed. I know most games are only supporting the original X360 controller, so i wasn't suprised as my gamepad wasn't working well.

I know how x360ce works, but in the program dir of Flame Over are no xinput files at all. On my whole Pc are only 2 xinput1_3.dll's, in System32 and SysWOW64. How can i use x360ce with games that don't have such files?

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
look for a dinput8.dll spoofer to use with x360ce, drop it in your games folder and enjoy.

Letme know how you go.

Edit: For the curious, some games (very few) make calls thru dinput to the 360 controller instead of native xinput. blahblahblah, typing on touch screen, ran out of steam.

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the fast reply... but this is new for me.

I found a dinput8-x360cev21.zip archive, with a blocker and a spoofer folder inside, i copied them to the game folder of Flame Over... and now?

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the fast reply... but this is new for me.

I found a dinput8-x360cev21.zip archive, with a blocker and a spoofer folder inside, i copied them to the game folder of Flame Over... and now?

copy your x360ce files in there too and give it a whirl.

Also try (if that doesn't work) turning on compatibility mode in the x360ce config tool and enabling all the hooks (xinput1_whatever).

I'll be on a little longer, but, it's sooo late here. sleeepy. back tomorrow to see how you went, yawns.

oh snap, didn't read you properly, copy the .dll file itself (not the folder) from the spoofer folder to the game folder. forget the blocker.

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nope... not working. And as much as i understand this whole thing, it's no wonder. The files are laying around in the program dir, and the FlameOver.exe is just ignoring them... :unsure: :wacko:

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
The games folder's the first place it'll look for those files. They are meant to be there, try searching the game folder for a dinput dll just in case and i'll be back after some sleep.

Btw, what kind of controller are you using, and does it work in x360ce's test/setup screen?

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
Should be asleep, but did you by chance download the 64bit x360ce? If so, you should be using the 32bit (x86) version.

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here some pics of the Flame Over folder:

In the whole FlameOver dir there are no dinput_whatever.dll files.

Btw, what kind of controller are you using, and does it work in x360ce's test/setup screen?

A Thrustmaster T-Mini WIreless 3 in 1 and yes it's working in the gui, here are some pics of the x360ce gui...

I'am using the 32bit version. :unsure:

P.S.: Just did a search for "dinput" all over my PC, with these results:

Last edited by Bonny,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night