Hacking X360 Noob - Really Don't Know Anyting

grifterb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I finally got my X360 today. I'm not used to RGH X360 consoles (or any X360s to be honest). It's quite different from PS3 in terms of hack I belive. The thing is I don't know wheter I'm supposed to sign in for Xbox Live or not. AFAIK, I'm not supposed to connect to the internet in any way. However in the menus after selecting a profile or a game to play it always asks me if I would like to connect to the Xbox Live. Is there a way to turn this off?

Next thing is the games. Do I have to convert games from one format to another, as in a wii (from iso to wbfs format for instance) or do I just use iso files?

How do I replace the Original Xbox Emu Files and most importantly how do I play original xbox titles? Should I use isos or GOD images?

How do I install XBLA titles?

These are the questions, and as I mentioned before I'm a noob on this subject. If you'd like me to check my system or if you want to give further instructions I'm all ears.

Any help will be much appreciated. Please consider that I'm new at X360 and really don't know the details (I have had experience with other consoles by the way, so I'm not a total noob fyi).

Thanks.

PS: Video Tutorials would be awsome if possible.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Unfortunately not.
You can block XBLive DNS with Dashlaunch.

Extract games with Xbox Image browser.

Use extracted gamefiles.

By copying them to the harddisk.

What's your dashboard version?
If it's 167537 then you're updated.
Just follow this tutorial and the rest is pretty straight forward.

grifterb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so as I mentioned I'm a total noob. And this machine came to me modded, I did not mod it myself, there are appearently some stuff installed because on my game menu I saw some stuff about freestyle dashboard and xex. There are a total number of 20 games, all are playable so far. Now the tutorial you've directed me to seems quite useful, however I do not know what is installed and what is not, and even if they are installed how to access them.

For instance how do I get to the interface where I can carry over files from an external USB and access to the Xbox files themselves.

By the way I wasn't planning on connecting to the internet and thanks to you I successfully blocked it. Could you help me out a little bit more? I mean the tutorial seems useful but like I said I probably have some of those stuff, I just need to access to them and learn how to transfer games.

next important thing is the xbox1 compatibility, but we'll get to it later.

grifterb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, appearently I have the freestyle dashboard 3.0 and xex 1.2 installed. I have access to both of them. The thing is I don't see anything on the xex menu (all three sections emulators/applications/games are empty when nothing is plugged in). Moreover while I can see all my games on the Xbox Games Menu, My freestyle dash says "No Games Found" on the menu.

Now I have the following questions:

1. How do I fix this thing? Is it because of the format of the games, or do I need a scan or something?
2. How do I install Xbox Live Arcade Games and DLC, I think they work in a different way?
3. How do I convert and add X360 games. They are not easy to find these days, torrents are dead, links are down and scene is pretty much dead.

Thanks for the help again.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Best thing is to format your entire harddisk and do a clean install.
(I can't stand the way some people install stuff with folders all over the place)

Installing XBLA and game rips, just follow the tutorial.
Extracting, use Xbox Image browser (as said before)
The program is pretty straight forward.
Just load up an ISO, right click the name, click extract, and let it extract the game.
Copy the gamefiles in the folder to the folder on your 360 (which is assigned to the games section in FSD's scan menu) and click on manual scan (in the options screen) once you're done with everything.

grifterb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay I managed to do almost everything. Xbox1 titles work without any hitches. I tried with Breakdown, so far so good. Now, this one is not covered on your tutorial, so I gotta ask. How do you change the settings of the emulator? As far as I know you can force 720p on many games (some don't take it very well, but appearently some do). More importantly how do I stretch the image? The image has black bars on both sides. I would like to stretch it if possible.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Unfortunately, that's not possible.
The only settings the 360 has for video are in the original MS dash (boot dash.xex from sfc:/)
There you can tinker with some settings.
The emu will just pick up that video signal and tries to replicate it.
If not, it'll just switch to whatever comes close that is supported by the game.

grifterb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, I didnt' know that. I really don't need to force 720p, but it would be nice to stretch the image with native resolution. Okay, by the way, I've been tinkering with some xbox1 isos, however my xbox backup manager gives me an error like "unable to detect xbox disc type". I tried with several different isos, suspecting that it could be a bad rip. Is there a solution to this problem or an alternative?

grifterb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used qwix to extract two xbox games which are compatible, unlike the preextracted breakdown they did not show up on my list. I set the path again to the folder containing my xbox games, in fact I also tried a manual scan however it gave me a black secreen and restarted the system. Only breakdown seems visible. What do you suggest? Was I supposed to do something more?

grifterb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, now I have a problem. After doing what you suggested when I try to open FSD it gives me a black screen for about 15-20 seconds and the restarts my X360? Not sure they are related though. However after several tries I still cannot get in.

EDIT: It used to make me wait for 15 seconds, now after it shows me the FSD loading screen it directly sends me back to the Xbox Start-up Menu.

EDIT 2: I don't think it is one of thse theme problems, since after I changed my theme I used it for a while and booted FSD several times.

grifterb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You know, I think I found out what the problem is. I also posted it to another forum, but here take a look at it please:
After putting all my xbox1 games I run a manual scan so I can play them. I'm a bit new at X360 scene. Anyway, I already have installed 2007 hacked emu files. I can already play 2 titles Breakdown and Panzer Dragoon Orta, which are already on the backwards compatibility list. I wanted to try some games that aren't on the list (since with the hacked emu files many more can work). I tried adding Gugnriffon: Allied Strike (I think that was the name), pulled off a manual scan. It gave me a black screen for a couple of seconds, rebooted my X360. After I tried to open FSD it gave me a black screen and restarted my X360. My FSD was inaccessible. I opened XEX and deleted Gungriffon, and it opened again.

I tried the same procedure with another game that wasn't on the list, Gunvalkyrie, same thing happened.

Now, the thing is I don't know if the problem is whether they are on the list or not. As far as I know Gunvalkyrie works on hacked emu files, I'm pretty sure these are not bad downloads, because I used different sources for different trials.

Now, I would like to know if it is a common problem. I mean If the games are not compatible even with the new emu, they should at least try to boot, not mess with the FSD right?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Did you install FSD via the tut I gave you?

No if a game doesn't boot, it doesn't boot.
It might work with the AV cable but if that doesn't work the it just doesn't work.

grifterb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yesi my FSD works again, thank you, but appearently when I try to add Gunvalkyrie or Gungriffon to the file that contains my Xbox1 games and perform a manual scan, FSD becomes inaccessible again. However when I delete the games by using XEX it becomes available again.

The thing is, the problem with those games should be "not booting at all" if they won't work, however in this case they block me from entering the FSD entirely. I don't know if you can visualise the situation, it is actually quite odd.

So steps are like these:

1. Add Breakdown to my HDD1/Xbox1 folder (Now looks like HDD1/Xbox1/Breakdown)
2. Perform a manual scan.
3. The game is playable from Xbox originals.
4. Copy Gunvalkyrie from USB to HDD1/Xbox1, just like Breakdown (Now looks like HDD1/Xbox1/Breakdown)
5. Perform another manual scan.
6. Kicked out of FSD menu
7. Black screen for 2-10 seconds
8. X360 rebooted.
9. Click enter to the FSD
10. FSD loading screen shows up.
11. Black Screen.
12. X360 rebooted.
13. I open XEX menu.
14. Delete only the latest Xbox1 game (in this case Gunvalkyrie or Gungriffon, they seem to be causing the problems, because Panzer Dragoon Orta worked well with Breakdown)
15. Now I try to access FSD and it works.

The thing is after copying these games I never even got the chance to boot them, since the menu that allowed me to boot them was inaccessible.

What do you think?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Again, have you set up FSD the exact same way as me tutorial?

Have you copied the gamefiles with the folder to the folder that contains the Xbox 1 games
Ex: HDD:/Xbox1/GAMENAME/default.xbe
have you set the scandepth of that folder to 1?

grifterb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed the FSD as you have said in the tutorial, it still did not run until I deleted those titles from my hdd. I set the scandepth of that folder to 1 as you have mentioned previously. And I'm sure that all the games had default.xbe files in them. I've checked gunvalkyrie after you specifically said that.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A full format is better then keeping files on a cluttered HDD.

Hmkays
Well, then I prolly write it off as a bug or non booting game.
You can try to boot it with a AV cable.
If that also fails, then it's just not supported.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.