X-treme Slow Down in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by amaro999, Feb 10, 2013.

1. amaro999
    OP

amaro999 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Brazil
    Is it only me or do you think that the game lags so much that it´s become unplayable?

I regret so much having bought it on the Nintendo e-Shop...

2. fojacko

fojacko GBAtemp Regular

Dec 18, 2010
    what class is your sd card? In my experience (with ds roms) anything under class 5 is not good, and if you want a flawless experience you have to cash out on a class 10 sd card.

Basically, your 3ds cannot read from the sd card fast enough. The best to go for would be a sandisk ultra and you can transfer the data just by copy and paste.

3. Rizsparky

Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

Aug 13, 2007
    The Future
    The game has a really bad framerate regardless of SD card speed but yeah you could invest in a faster card.

4. amaro999
    OP

amaro999 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Brazil
    Yes, I had already thought about this, but my microSDHC is Class 10 and it had its speed verified in H2testw... The reading speed is like a rocket..
    Anyway, I think that before each race it loads its contents in Nintendo 3DS internal memory (the typical "Loading" screen)..

Yesterday I check the rates in the e-Shop and it was pretty low, probably because of the slow frame rate.

I'm so disappointed, because I never thought it could be such an issue in this game. The game visuals are incredible, but it's impossible to enjoy it!

5. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Huh... in European eShop the rates are on max.
    Weird... maybe ur SD Adapter makes the microSD slower.

6. Rizsparky

Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

Aug 13, 2007
    The Future
    Thats actually a real shame, I heard about the framerate issues but I thought it would be atleast playable, hopefuly Sega try to patch it.. unlikely though.

7. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    Is the lag just in the downloaded version?

Also how is the game in general? I heard it got hugely stripped in comparison to the home consoles so im really 50/50 on if to bother getting it, should i avoid it entirely coz of the lag?