OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

XFlak's Crazy Intro Videos

Below you can either view or download some of my Crazy Intro Videos.
These are videos that you can set to play automatically as soon as you turn on your wii.
Pressing different buttons during the video will load the channel of your choice (settings are customizable).

Note: all I did was create the beginning and ending splash screens (most pf the videos themselves are not my work, only a couple are),
I also resized it and compressed it. I tried lots of different video editors to make a compatible video, and none of them worked,
but I finally found a way to do it perfectly every time :D

Thanks WiiCrazy for developing this awesome program!

NOTE MANY OF MY OLD LINKS ARE BROKEN, BUT ALL MY VIDEOS CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM HERE (updated Jan 2021): http://www.mediafire.com/folder/0ulvn6dekd1fi/Crazy+Intro+Videos+(2) or here https://mega.nz/folder/hpwiHajQ#FK_WPi33BWnPZGc3pYh7Kw
INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

Download the my Crazy Intro Video Setup Package from HERE.

This package includes all the files and folders you need to get crazy intro video v0.34 working on your Wii
(package includes CrazyIntroVideoV0.34.dol, pre-setup crazy intro config files, Priiloader v0.4 installer, and hacks.ini). NOTE, best to use the latest stable version of priiloader and hacks.ini instead. If uncertain, use the version included with ModMii.

You will also need to download at least one of the videos from below, then continue following the below instructions (see spoilers)
Copy all the folders inside the COPY_TO_SD folder to the root of your SD card.

If you don't have Priiloader installed, install it now (rev69 included in package) by
running the priiloader installer with the HBC. On the new screen, press + to install Priiloader.
(if the installation fails, try holding B and press + to install Priiloader)
It should now reboot in the Priiloader menu. If it doesn't, power off the wii, then power it back on and hold reset while it's booting until you see it.

The priiloader menu is white by default, you can change it to black in the settings if you prefer. If you want, you can install some system menu hacks now (by going to System Menu hacks).

Now go to Install File. On the new screen, go to your dol and press A to install it. Wait for it to install and return to the main menu.

-Now go to Settings. We need to change 2 things here:
* Change autoboot: to File
* Change return to: to System Menu

Save the settings and restart the Wii to see the result.

HOW TO ADD VIDEOS
-Edit your videos in the following folder SD:\crazyintro\videos\ (this can be changed by editing line 2 of crazyintro.xml)

-open the theme.xml file in the videos folder (SD:\crazyintro\videos\theme.xml)

-the contents of that file will look something like this

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<config version="1.8">
<properties>
<VideoFile filename="video1.avi;video2.avi;video3.avi"/>
</properties>
</config>

-the above settings will randomly pick from video1.avi, video2.avi & video3.avi (if a file is missing or incompatible with crazyintrovideo it will automatically boot the system menu (or whatever you have set to autoboot as in the crazyintro.xml, explained later). You can add and remove videos from that list as you please, just make sure to include the extension (.avi for example) and if you have multiple videos be sure to seperate the filenames with a semi-colon (;).

HOW TO CONFIGURE SHORTCUT BUTTONS
-Edit the crazyintro.xml file in the videos folder (SD:\crazyintro\crazyintro.xml)

-the contents of that file will look something like this

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<config version="1.8" theme="videos">
<!--
Along with 0.4, this file should reside in crazyintro folder of your sd card.
Make note, "config" tag now has a "theme" attribute which selects the theme which
is the folder name of the theme. Themes should have their own directories under
crazyintro folder.
-->
<properties>
<Titles>
<Title id="HBC" title_type="1" title_id="JODI" title_name="Homebrew Channel" />
<Title id="HBC" title_type="1" title_id="HAXX" title_name="Old Homebrew Channel" />
<Title id="NET" title_type="1" title_id="HADE" title_name="Internet Channel" />
<Title id="TETRIS" title_type="1" title_id="WTPP" title_name="Tetris" />
<Title id="MIICHANNEL" title_type="2" title_id="HACA" title_name="Mii Channel" />
<Title id="USB" title_type="1" title_id="IDCL" title_name="USB Loader" />
</Titles>
<!--Buttons configurable on the wiimote are UP,DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, A, B, +, -, 1, 2 -->
<!--
Autoboot selected channel or System menu after video ends.
Interruption with the assigned shortcut keys are still possible.
-->
<!-- Autoboot and short cut keys configuration, "launches" attribute uses the "id" attribute of
the Title defined above. -->
<Autoboot enabled="1" launches="MENU"/>
<Shortcuts>
<Shortcut button="A" launches="MENU"/>
<Shortcut button="B" launches="USB"/>
<Shortcut button="UP" launches="SNES"/>
<Shortcut button="LEFT" launches="NES"/>
<Shortcut button="RIGHT" launches="NSIXTY"/>
<Shortcut button="DOWN" launches="WIISX"/>
<Shortcut button="+" launches="HBC"/>
<Shortcut button="-" launches="MPL"/>
<Shortcut button="1" launches="TRI"/>
<Shortcut button="2" launches="VBA"/>

</Shortcuts>
<!-- Here the thing gets interesting, those who have little children can create hidden channels
for dangerous applications and can launch them using a sequence of buttons at boot.
To initiate a hidden shortcut launch, one need to press HOME button on the wiimote first!
-->
<HiddenShortcuts>
<HiddenShortcut buttons="UP,DOWN,LEFT,RIGHT" launches="WAD"/>
<HiddenShortcut buttons="LEFT,RIGHT,UP,DOWN" launches="WIIX"/>
</HiddenShortcuts>
</properties>
</config>

- Starting from the beginning of the file, If you look down a little bit, you see <Titles>. We need to change these to what apps you want Crazyintro to boot (crazyintro can boot a different app/channel for every button). It is advised to follow the examples that are already there. Never change the < and />

For Channels
- Behind title id = , you put an abbreviation or one word summary of the app/channel between the " ". It MUST be CAPITALS.
- Type title_type = , and put the correct type (from the list above) between the " "
the title_type
= 1 for a title that begins with 00010001
= 2 for a title that begins with 00010002
= 4 for a title that begins with 00010004
= 8 for a title that begins with 00010008

- Type title_id = (with the _) , and put the titleID of the channel here. There are many lists where you can find the IDs. When downloading a channel it usually includes the ID.
- Finally, type title_name = , and type the name of the channel
The final result is: title id="CAPITALS" title_type="number" title_id="channel ID" title_name="Channel name"

You can set as many titles as you want, but don't forget < and />

A bit lower, you see <Autoboot enabled="1" launches="MENU"/>
- You can change autoboot to 0 if you don't want it to autoboot something.
- Autoboot must be 1 for this: you can change MENU to one of the titles you set above (the CAPITALS). Leave it on MENU to make it boot the system menu.

Now we see what the actual buttons do. For example: <Shortcut button="A" launches="MENU"/>
- DO NOT change Shortcut button="A,B,UP,etc."
- Change the contents of the " " behind launches= to one of the titles you set (the CAPITALS) or MENU for system menu. Make it empty to boot nothing.

Finally we can set Hidden paths. These are made so not everyone can boot them. This is the ONLY way to boot hidden channels from HideandSeek!
- Add as many hidden Shortcuts as you want. Make the lines the same as the two examples.
You can use A, B, UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, -, +, 1 and 2.

When done, save the file and exit

HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN VIDEOS WORK WITH CRAZY INTRO VIDEO
-create your own video using the video editing software of your choice

-download virtual dub
-Open the your video file using virtual dub
-make sure video and audio are set to full processing
-go to video-->filters--> click add, go to resize, make sure absolute is selected for new size and make sure aspect ratio is disabled. Then make the new size 640 x 368. Click OK, then OK again.
-go to file and select save as avi (now we're done with virtual dub, but the video file is still going to be HUGE)

-To compress the video to a manageable size without losing much quality, download and install Auto GK
-Open AutoGK and open the video file. Select custom size (under Step 3), and set it to whatever size you want, then click add job, then click start.
-Copy the new file to your SD card and change theme.xml to play the new video.

I've made two versions of each video, but I only uploaded the first version onto youtube.
The second version is exactly like the first version except it also includes a short intro/ending displaying a legend.
You can download both versions for all videos, but the second version with the intro/ending legend is not on youtube.

I've uploaded both versions of my Wii Graphic video as an example (just because it is one of the smallest videos I made).

Version 1: Wii Graphic (without intro/ending Legend)

Version 2: Wii Graphic (with intro/ending Legend)

Download Wii Graphic from Mediafire
Download Wii Graphic with Legend from Mediafire

South Park Mac vs PC

Download South Park Mac vs PC from Mediafire
Download South Park Mac vs PC with Legend from Mediafire

Star Fox in Iraq

(note the videos available for download do not have the college humour logo\intro from this youtube video)

Download Star Fox in Iraq from Mediafire
Download Star Fox in Iraq with Legend from Mediafire

Mario Saves Princess

Download Mario Saves Princess from Mediafire
Download Mario Saves Princess with Legend from Mediafire

Nostalgia Critic

Download Nostalgia Critic from Mediafire
Download Nostalgia Critic with Legend from Mediafire

Boba Fett
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So-YyfEUb1w

Download Boba Fett from Mediafire
Download Boba Fett with Legend from Mediafire

Transform

Download Transform from Mediafire
Download Transform with Legend from Mediafire

Top 10 Wii Games of 2009

Download Top 10 Wii Games of 2009 from Mediafire
Download Top 10 Wii Games of 2009 with Legend from Mediafire

Hold on Tight

Download Hold on Tight from Mediafire
Download Hold on Tight with Legend from Mediafire

Hold on Tight 2

Download Hold on Tight 2 from Mediafire
Download Hold on Tight 2 with Legend from Mediafire

Peripherals

Download Peripherals from Mediafire
Download Peripherals with Legend from Mediafire

White Ad

Download White Ad from Mediafire
Download White Ad with Legend from Mediafire

Wii Warnings

Download Wii Warnings from Mediafire
Download Wii Warnings with Legend from Mediafire

Wii Love

Download Wii Love from Mediafire
Download Wii Love with Legend from Mediafire

Dragon Ball Z Final Quest 3
(Amazing Fan Made Live Action Film)

Download Dragon Ball Z Final Quest 3 from Mediafire
Download Dragon Ball Z Final Quest 3 with Legend from Mediafire

Trolololo
(Song/Video that Waninkoko suggested be the new cIOS installer music, lol)

Download Trolololo from Mediafire
Download Trolololo with Legend from Mediafire

Nostalgia Critic 2

Download Nostalgia Critic 2 from Mediafire
Download Nostalgia Critic 2 with Legend from Mediafire

Game-Specific USB Loader Forwarder Intro Videos

Note that to launch the games featured in the videos, you need to first make a USB Loader Forwarder Channel and install it on your Wii.
To make this channel/wad, download and use CRAP. Then install the Channel/Wad using a wad manager (ie. YAWMM or MMM). Make sure your crazyintro config file is set up to launch that channels Title ID (set it to launch the game using the same button combinations as seen in the video). Then as long as you have your harddrive (with a copy of the game on it) plugged into the wii, the channel will work, and the crazy intro forwarder to launch the game will also work.

New Super Mario Bros Wii

Download New Super Mario Bros Wii from Mediafire
Download New Super Mario Bros Wii with Legend from Mediafire

The House Of The Dead Overkill

Download The House Of The Dead Overkill from Mediafire
Download The House Of The Dead Overkill with Legend from Mediafire

TMNT Smash Up

Download TMNT Smash Up from Mediafire
Download TMNT Smash Up with Legend from Mediafire

Older Videos (with old splash screen and no widescreen support)

Transform
Video
Download Link

Top 10 Games of 2009
Video
Download Link

Cool White Ad
Video
Download Link

Wii Love
Video
Download Link

Peripherals
Video
Download Link

Wii Graphic
Video
Download Link

Hold on Tight
Video
Download Link

Hold on Tight 2
Video
Download Link

Last edited by XFlak,
D

Deleted-171178

Did you create these videos? (not trying to criticise you or anything, good idea for a thread
tongue.gif
)

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
These are really nice to look at but does anyone sit through a video intro each time they turn on their Wii? I'd get tired of that pretty quickly, no matter how cool the video....unless maybe it was very cool AND very short...

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Go for it DF - a flash with impact is what we're looking for. Not easy, by any means. I want BAMMMMM!!!!!! HERE IT IS!!!!!!!! NOW ITS GONE!!!!!!!!! It wasn't there for long but, boy, was it cool...

thefunkygibbon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
I agree. It would be nice if there were some quick, but quality, 3 second videos. Just something that is a simple flash of video. I should see what I can come up with.

thats what i was wanting. cant seem to find any crazy intro themes at all out there on the net which is disapointing. and whats out there is a little...erm.. naff.

looks like i'll have to make my own at some point when I've got a spare few hours

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@xflak40, can you tell me how do I use install this onto my Wii? also, how do I go about changing the Wii remote options other than the ones that you have listed for each button? thanks

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
First u have to install priiloader

• Load Priiloader via homebrew, and hold down (B) and press (+) to install/update.
Note: if the installer fails and aborts with the following error message "Found BOOT Unable to read ticket... aborting mission"; try installing Preloader 0.29 JODI before installing Priiloader. To install Preloader 0.29 JODI, just load it via homebrew and press 1 twice to get past the disclaimer and it should install.
Note: If Preloader 0.29 JODI returns a “System Files Corrupted Message”; fix it by launching Preloader, then go to homebrew, then install/update to Priiloader. Or if you want to keep Preloader 0.29 JODI, instead run Wad Manager, then reinstall your patched system menu IOS (IOS70-64-v6687 [Patched][FreeTheBug].wad for 4.2). Or uninstall Preloader entirely using one of the methods below.
• To launch Priiloader or Preloader, turn on your Wii then hold the reset button (if this doesn’t work, remove your SD card, launch Priiloader, then reinsert the card). The options here are fairly self-explanatory, and all user-preference-- so just click around and set things up how you want. Note: If it says it can't find the hacks.ini file when you enter the System Menu Hacks section, you are using an incompatible SD card; try a common brand name, like Sandisk.

Note: You can find more hacks for your hacks.ini file on wiibrew. Just copy over the text in the hacks.ini file with the text on the site (Be sure to get the one for your version and region). Some of these hacks don't play well with StartPatch (same values). So you must either turn off Priiloader's version or Startpatch's version.

Then you have to Install a File– You can only have one installed at a time

o Install crazyintrovideo.dol (or crazyintrovideo-comp.dol if using Preloader 0.29 and under). You may want to change the settings of the crazyintro.xml (found here: SD:\crazyintro\) to load different videos/channels. There is a readme file saved in the same place with details on how to do so; and if you don't know the title of the Channel, you can view this info for wads you’ve downloaded by using “Show Mii Wads”; alternatively, you can find official channels on the Title Database. This does not yet support SDHC cards.

o Note: the last wiimote to be synced to your system is the only wiimote that can skip or make a selection during the intro video. So to change which wiimote has control, re-sync only that remote (re-sync by simultaneously pressing the red buttons on the console and the wiimote. Reconnecting via the system menu will not work)

EDIT: for this to launch, you must have a compatible SD card inserted in your wii with the files you downloaded from above saved to it. You also have to change the settings to boot to the installed file

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
there is a 'bug' that allows loading it from a usb drive (i call this a bug because the app was never intended for this functionality)... if u do not have an sd card inserted in your wii, and launch a forwarder channel that looks only for an SD app, it will reset your wii and load the videos from your fat 32 usb (provided you have the files saved to it). It will continue to load the vids from a usb until u unplug it (turning it off fully - to red - will still allow booting vids from usb when u turn it back on)

Edit:
as long as your drive is turned on, or awake when powering on the wii, it should also work from USB (although it is less reliable than off of SD)

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what I meant to ask was if I can use a SDHC card? I have a 8GB SDHC card that I am using now instead of the lesser SD card which is only 2GB, also about the Wii remote buttons such as Press A for the Menu and such, can I change those buttons to load other functions instead of those that you have listed? thanks

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
no, thats why u press a button to load w/e channel u want!! I never sit through the whole thing, but what I like is that any1 can turn on my wii, and with the press of a button load w/e they want... in other words, u dont have to memorize your settings!

@bnm81002, yes you can change the settings and what buttons load what channels (that was in my long winded response earlier, lol)

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You may want to change the settings of the crazyintro.xml (found here: SD:\crazyintro\) to load different videos/channels. There is a readme file saved in the same place with details on how to do so; and if you don't know the title of the Channel, you can view this info for wads you’ve downloaded by using “Show Mii Wads”; alternatively, you can find official channels on the Title Database.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if u cant load usb loaders via homebrew or channels, that has nothing to do with the crazy intro.

If you can't load them via my crazy intro, it means you don't have the channels installed on your wii or they are named differently. For example, if you have don't have a usbloader gx channel (ID=UNEO), pressing the "B" during the crazy intro will not work (as I have configured it). You must either edit the crazyintro.xml file to launch a different channel when B is pressed, or you must install a channel with ID=UNEO for it to launch.

to "uninstall" crazy intro entirely, just change your autoboot settings to priiloader to anything other than the installed file (or you can install a new file, or use nandclean to remove the installed file from your nand)

also, if you turn your wii on and there isn't an sd card in your wii, it will load the system menu by default

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt