Gaming Wy can't you install cia's with godmode9?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Because it's not intended to install CIAs. At most, it's made to allow mounting small CIAs as injects to H&S or browsing the files inside a CIA. I think it's possible to make it able to actually install through scripts, but what is even the point when you have FBI working just fine?

D

Deleted User

Because it's not intended to install CIAs. At most, it's made to allow mounting small CIAs as injects to H&S or browsing the files inside a CIA. I think it's possible to make it able to actually install through scripts, but what is even the point when you have FBI working just fine?
So i was wondering why you can't install cia's with godmode9. (i have found no info on this subject)

its entirely possible-ish
in my godmode9 mod I have it using the injector to inject to the HomeMenu argames or health and safety
I've pkayed around with this and you just need to set the title id for what you want the cia installed as
and a dummy app with the same title id pre installed
I haven't tried without a dummy app yet but since its injecting you have to pre extract the .app then select the .app

supercreeper208

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Because i want to dump my gamecards to cia , and install them without switching between gm9 and fbi constantly

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
FBI calls system modules to install the cias (in this case, AM -> Application Manager). In B9S, no system modules are running so you can't call it to install the cia. You can manually do what AM does (installing the ticket, putting the right files in the SD, etc). But I don't think people will make it as a better solution such as FBI exists.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

FBI calls system modules to install the cias (in this case, AM -> Application Manager). In B9S, no system modules are running so you can't call it to install the cia. You can manually do what AM does (installing the ticket, putting the right files in the SD, etc). But I don't think people will make it as a better solution such as FBI exists.
you can inject the .app to a dummy app
although it requires manually modding and building gm9
if someone hasn't done it by the time i get time I might make a .firm cia installer

supercreeper208

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
you can inject the .app to a dummy app
although it requires manually modding and building gm9
if someone hasn't done it by the time i get time I might make a .firm cia installer
Would it be possible to have a auto 3dsx card dumper/installer? (I just want to auto dump and install gamecards )

D

Deleted User

Would it be possible to have a auto 3dsx card dumper/installer? (I just want to auto dump and install gamecards )
im pretty sure you need kernal access so it would be for 11.3 or lower
edit: yeah cia installs need a kexploit

Last edited by ,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/7nja8s/release_godmode9_v151_yes_i_derped_again_edition/

Muchacho13 said:
Is it possible to install cias with GodMode9 scripts? That would speed up alot of things.

d0k3 said:
You're not the first one to ask... So I guess I should explain a bit.

Short answer: no.

Explanation: Have you ever tried, on a dual boot system, to install software from one OS to another? Like, running a Windows installer from macOS to install something to bootcamp Windows? Same problem here, except 10 times worse.

While on Windows every file system and format is well known and well documented, here we're missing several important pieces of info. GM9 does not run within the 3DS OS, it runs "baremetal", with nothing beneath it.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1