wwt+wit: Wiimms WBFS+ISO Tools

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Wiimm, Sep 28, 2009.

Sep 28, 2009

wwt+wit: Wiimms WBFS+ISO Tools by Wiimm at 10:43 AM (423,519 Views / 7 Likes) 1,806 replies

1. Wiimm
    OP

Member Wiimm Developer

Germany
    An ISO is not possible.

2. Nickkk

Newcomer Nickkk Advanced Member

Switzerland
    Hey Wiimm, I just noticed that there seems to be an issue in wit: it is case insensitive. What I mean is that if I have a game on the Desktop named asd.wbfs and in wit create a new game named ASD.wbfs, the old asd.wbfs will be removed, but the new game will be named ASD.wbfs anyway. Is this a known issue? (I'm on Mac.) Thanks!

3. JIKILAN

Newcomer JIKILAN Newbie

Singapore
    Hi Wiimm, would like to check with you about gcz compression. Why your compression is so much faster than Dolphin emulator (official 5.0)? By using a same iso file, i can get 2 different file sizes (wit vs dolphin). Dolphin took about 10 mins but wit is 2 mins.
    Curious to understand more. Thanks!

4. Wiimm
    OP

Member Wiimm Developer

Germany
    @Nickkk
    wit is case sensitive (I can create a.wdf and A.wdf and both files exists) . But if the files system is not, then the effects your described will happen.

5. JIKILAN

Newcomer JIKILAN Newbie

Singapore
    Is the gcz output by wit is just a placeholder for encrypted game data + algo to be compatible with dolphin? Just some wild guessing, the speed it has in my VM is too fast but it works.

In the other hand, i am not able to decompress gcz from Dolphin by using wit. I just a tested a few of my files.

6. Nickkk

Newcomer Nickkk Advanced Member

Switzerland
    Hmmm. I'm confused now, because apparently HFS+ (the standard Mac filesystem) is case insensitive, but filenames can contain both uppercase and lowercase letters, yet if I have a file named asd.wbfs and in wit I want to create ASD.wbfs, it complains that the file already exists. Do you know what is happening?

7. Wiimm
    OP

Member Wiimm Developer

Germany
    1.) You can create ads.wbfs.

2.) Then you create ADS.wbfs, and because of case insensitivity, the system deletes ads.wbfs.