Wwre54g linksys range expander and ds wifi settings

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by k4ever, Mar 7, 2009.

1. k4ever
    OP

k4ever GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2009
    United States
    Since the room, where I mostly use my ds lite, is located far away from the wrt54g router range ( I have high speed dsl ) I decided to buy a wre54g range expander. When I click on the "search for an access point" box, it finds two places. One is the linksys router which has 1 or zero bars of connectivity, and the other is the linksys range expander. Of course I choose the one of the expander ( because the router sometimes doesnt even appear because its located far away ) and then the ds lite automatically tests the connection. Sometimes I'm lucky, sometimes I'm not. At first I thought the problem was my router, and thats why I have done a lot of research on how to fix it ( change transmission rates, port forwarding, filtering MAC addresses, changing IPs on the computer and on the DS, changing DHCP into using only static IPs, etc .... By the way I don't use any kind of security like WEP or WPA; security is disabled ), but at the end I realized that was impossible, since everytime I got near the router source of range and tried to connect using the router's access point I had no problems with it. I have no problems getting online with my ds lite if I'm near the router ( connected directly to the pc that has direct dsl connection ), but that's why I bought the range expander, so I can access wifi even from far away. The conclusion in my opinion is that I have to some settings change in the range expander ( going to 192.168.1.240 ), but the thing is that I dont know exactly what I should be doing.

Am I right or is there a problem somewhere else which I overlooked?

Is the wre54g linksys range expander fully compatible with the ds lite wifi capabilities?

I have the latest firmware in both the router ( v.3 ) and the range expander ( v.3 )

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice