Hacking WWRE - What is this? Noticed in Any Title Deleter

antiaverage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using Any Title Deleter to clean up my Wii. I have been able to identify and make decisions on everything save for one file. It's appearing with the 4-letter identifier WWRE and no useful title in the banner.bin or 00000000.app. Any thoughts?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Use ATD mod, it can see the name in the game, or you can download a database for name the files in your Wii....!!
biggrin.gif

antiaverage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the thoughts so far.

Bladexdsl said:
wiiware?

I'm fairly sure it's WiiWare as well, considering it starts with a W and is in the Installed Channel Titles section, although I've ruled out the WiiWare I have.

ether2802 said:
Use ATD mod, it can see the name in the game, or you can download a database for name the files in your Wii....!!
biggrin.gif

That's what I'm using, as I already mentioned looking at the banner.bin and 00000000.app, and none of the available database files mention this.

QUOTE(jhoff80 @ Nov 17 2009, 11:55 PM)
Just guessing by the title ID but I'd say it's probably the temporary file stored when the Wiiware games are copied from SD/HC to NAND.

Hmm, I had not heard of this. Thank you for the tip. I suppose I can confirm this by simply deleting it, starting a random WiiWare from SD card, and see if it reappears. I'll post back after I try this.

Edit: Okay, it's not for starting a title from SD, as in not for temporary storage in NAND, as far as I can tell. I'm going to see if it's related to transferring a WiiWare channel from the NAND to the SD(HC).

Edit 2: Nope, not that either. Still stumped... any other ideas?

Edit 3: Could it have something to do with DLC? I can't confirm this atm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.