WWE SVR 09' for the DS...

Nottulys

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Seasoned players who pick up SVR '09 on the Nintendo DS will probably be in for more than a few surprises. Gone are the stylus-heavy controls of last year and in their place is a more traditional d-pad/grapple system gamers that have grown up with, although the stylus will still play some part in the action. Being developed by Tose, the folks behind Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime, the DS version of SVR '09 will pack a season mode with an RPG approach. Players will interact with Superstars, upgrade their abilities and complete missions to become the champion. Create-A-Superstar will make its Nintendo handheld debut, there will be a larger roster of Superstars, and the title will pack a wealth of new match types."

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/862/862459p1.html

I cant wait, I'll be picking up the 360, and DS one definately....and then... commence with beating hoes down!

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Quite honestly, I haven't followed wrestling in years but a while back, I picked up the 2007 version of the game for my 360 and was quite impressed with how far they've come since the No Mercy & Wrestlemania days (N64). Then I tried the 2008 version and was blown away by how god awful it was. The DS version wasn't any better but I'm hoping the changes they are making this year help regain some credibility for the franchise. It may work for EA Sports games to be the same with minor changes every year but when it comes to a genre such as wrestling, you'd expect massive overhauls from year to year. Otherwise, why bother to buy the newer versions of the game when the older variations are as good or better?

Nottulys

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just read the whole 9 pages of the damn interview, and its supposed to be a all new(but traditional) wrestling game on the DS, but with RPG elements...the group that made "Dragon Quest Rocket Slime" is the people working on this DS version right now. Sounds good to me.

DarkUli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The DS version seems to be cool but..

Holy crap Create-A-Finisher!
I just freakin' hope they re-do the styles, like Hardcore and whatnot, man that system friggin' sucked.

Nottulys

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping for a N64 port at least(with updated everything except the fighting), as far as last years DS WWE game...in one of the old EGMs, they also said that No Mercy was going to be updated, and thrown on the Wii VC, but it was only a rumor. If it was going to be ported like that, it would have been the best VC game to come out to me.

P

pasc

I'm playing the WWE DS version with my bro everyda, in multi it is fun (it feels more real when you can't pin a Wrestler when he has less damage than you).

I'm happy that a real Wrestling game will come to the DS ALTHOUGH I may only check it out if they get it somehow done to present the same great Graphics like in the last one.

AMAZE Entertainment makes good DS Engines.

EDIT:

ok the graphics look kinda passable:
wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2009-tba-20080327080518337.jpg

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2009-tba-20080327080519290.jpg

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2009-tba-20080327080519696.jpg

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2009-tba-20080327080520134.jpg

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2009-tba-20080327080520509.jpg

Now maybe hope for a singlecardlinkup multiplayer and Onlinesupport ?

P

pasc

Wrestler looked gay ever since ... there is no way they could change that. Just take a look at the real scarface wrestler.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple