Hacking Official wuphax v1.1 - Hacking vWii from WiiU Mode

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You want to turn on your Wii U and open a channel to boot directly into the Vwii's Homebrew channel? Don't think that would work

...And to avoid confusion like this, @imm0rtalz16_2006. Two people now thought that you were talking about the Homebrew Channel on the vWii because this thread is about modding the vWii.

Reactions: NoNAND and swabbo

CaptainCPS-X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone again, here is my personal pack for WUPHAX v1.1u1, ready to extract into the root of the SD card :) (Nice work @FIX94 )

WUPHAX v1.1u1 [hackmii_included]

icon.png

README:
Code:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
WUPHAX v1.1u1 (by FIX94)

Hacking the vWii side of the WiiU using IOSUHax and WUPClient

Source: https://github.com/FIX94/wuphax/releases

Custom Design by CaptainCPS-X (hackmii installer included)

Usage

* Make sure to unplug any and all USB devices from the console before following any of these steps.

- Extract contents of ZIP to the root of the SD card (overwrite if prompted).
- On the WiiU, go into Homebrew Launcher and run WUPHAX.
- Press A to back up your current Mii Channel and inject it with WUPHAX (hackmii installer).
- After the WiiU restarted, go into Wii Mode and run Mii Channel, install Homebrew Channel from there.

* To restore the Mii Channel just run WUPHAX again from the WiiU Homebrew Launcher and press B this time.

Download:
WUPHAX_v1.1u1_[hackmii_included][CUSTOM_DESIGN][CaptainCPS-X].zip [2.17 MB]

UPDATE: Uploaded the pack again just moments after posting, modded a small design detail :P

SeeYa!
:D

Last edited by CaptainCPS-X,

Angelita Perez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok let me see if I understood this. Before it was a lot steps and needed ip, internet etc..

Now everything is done directly from sdcard not needing all those steps?
"WUPHAX_v1.1u1_[hackmii_included][CUSTOM_DESIGN][CaptainCPS-X].zip"

just put that in sdcard = done

1. I have never ever have use vwii in my Wii u, will I have a problem because of it?
like maybe vwii needs update it or something first? since I have never use it or go online with it?.

2. After I have hbl in the vwii side, do I need to install some type of loadiine for vwii for backups, or I can run vwii backups from the regular loadiine in the Wii u side?

Thanks in advance from a friendly noob!

Reactions: fmhugo

Sucy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if anyone saw my thread on me semi-bricking my vWii, i did use the wuphax.

And if you did, i installed a theme, and i was stupid that i did that, i can't go to any channels right now, and if i do, it just freezes and doesn't do anything. I can't even turn off the Wii U. I have to unplug it.

Some people replied on my thread there, and i'm looking for help right now.

So, can anyone help me with this problem or am i stuck with a semi-bricked vWii until someone releases a NAND restore?

imm0rtalz16_2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some send me a private message with all of the information to have the homebrew channel on wiiU menu without any of the games needed? Step by step tutorial I'm not talking about viiwii. I want to turn my wiiU on and see the homebrew channel there

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some send me a private message with all of the information to have the homebrew channel on wiiU menu without any of the games needed? Step by step tutorial I'm not talking about viiwii. I want to turn my wiiU on and see the homebrew channel there

I told you the situation with having the Homebrew title on the Wii U menu. You CAN have it on the menu WITHOUT a compatible DS game. However, you CANNOT launch it without first applying sigpatching first so you'll still have to do a browser exploit and load CFW or use that new sigpatcher .elf every time you boot. If you want to be able to use homebrew without the browser exploit YOU MUST PURCHASE A COMPATIBLE DS GAME. At least as of right now. There's no guarantee that it will ever be possible without purchasing a DS game. There is also the possibility that Nintendo could update their DS titles to remove this exploit. Seems doubtful to me but I didn't want to chance it so I bought Kirby Mass Attack. It's $5 right now. Five f___ing dollars! So live with having to do the browser exploit, spend $5 to have what you want, or wait and see. The choice is yours.

Here's that thread that I linked last time. The OP contains all the info you should need on installing the HB launcher channel version. Any questions ask them there:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-launcher-for-wiiu.416905/

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok let me see if I understood this. Before it was a lot steps and needed ip, internet etc..

Now everything is done directly from sdcard not needing all those steps?
"WUPHAX_v1.1u1_[hackmii_included][CUSTOM_DESIGN][CaptainCPS-X].zip"

just put that in sdcard = done

1. I have never ever have use vwii in my Wii u, will I have a problem because of it?
like maybe vwii needs update it or something first? since I have never use it or go online with it?.

2. After I have hbl in the vwii side, do I need to install some type of loadiine for vwii for backups, or I can run vwii backups from the regular loadiine in the Wii u side?

Thanks in advance from a friendly noob!

1. Doesn't matter. The vWii is stuck on version 4.3

2. Yes. Read the guide linked below. It is exhaustive and contains all the files you need. You can ignore the part about using an exploitable game to install HBC as you'll be using WUPhax. I would also say that backing up your vWii NAND and keys is time consuming and totally unnecessary. Unless you install a custom theme (they are all designed for the real Wii) you won't brick. But it's up to you.

Angelita Perez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, thank you for the information DocAmes1980.

I already have haxchi and hbl in the wii u, I was asking just about the vwii side.

Anyways I think I understand it now here is what I will so you can tell me if I am correct:

1. "WUPHAX_v1.1u1_[hackmii_included][CUSTOM_DESIGN][CaptainCPS-X].zip" download that and extract to sdcard.

2. Go to my wii U and start haxchi then go to HBL and do the wuphax (do the steps of course).

I need to install the hbl in the vwii side, even though I already have hbl in the Wii U side?

That is correct?

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, thank you for the information DocAmes1980.

I already have haxchi and hbl in the wii u, I was asking just about the vwii side.

Anyways I think I understand it now here is what I will so you can tell me if I am correct:

1. "WUPHAX_v1.1u1_[hackmii_included][CUSTOM_DESIGN][CaptainCPS-X].zip" download that and extract to sdcard.

2. Go to my wii U and start haxchi then go to HBL and do the wuphax (do the steps of course).

I need to install the hbl in the vwii side, even though I already have hbl in the Wii U side?

That is correct?

I know you were talking about the vWii. You don't need Haxchi installed for this to work. As long as you're setup to launch HBL you're good. It's cool that you got Haxchi setup though.

1. I'm not aware of the layout zip package you are referring to but as long as it has the required files you are good. The location of wuphax.elf should be (SD card)\wiiu\apps\wuphax\wuphax.elf. If there is an icon.png and meta.xml file you can place them there too. If not no big deal. The icon.png is just the icon for HBL and the meta.xml is the description. Place boot.elf in the SD card root. You can also download WUPhax from the Homebrew appstore if that's easier. You'll still need boot.elf (linked in the OP).

2. Yes. Start HBL via Haxchi or web exploit, load WUPhax, press 'A', and Bob's your uncle.

Then you will launch the vWii and start the Mii Channel. The Homebrew Channel Installer will start. For complete details please read the guide that I referred to in my last reply but I forgot to link apparently. After you install the Homebrew Channel on vWii you can relaunch WUPhax and this time press 'B' to restore your Mii Channel.

vWii Hacking Guide:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte