FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So this is something I wrote today which may be helpful to people who dont have a required game to hack vwii.

UPDATE: this update is one month after the initial release of v1.0, this is much simpler to do now with v1.1!
Grab the current elf release from the releases tab.
Download the hackmii installer and put only the boot.elf from that zip on your sd card root.
Make sure to unplug any and all usb devices before following any of these steps.
Put the wuphax.elf into your wiiu/apps folder on your sd card and run it in homebrew launcher.
Press A to back up your current mii channel and inject it with wuphax.
After the wiiu restarted, go into wii mode and run mii channel, install homebrew channel from there.
To restore the mii channel just run the elf again and press B this time.

edit by Cyan:
if you messed your steps and lost your original Mii backup application, you can get it back by following this:
Download the latest version of the Mii channel via NUSD, check "create decrypted contents", copy the "00000018.app" into the root of your SD card and rename it to "wuphaxBackup.app" and restore it via Wuphax.

Last edited by Cyan,

tarumbo83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is something I wrote today which may be helpful to people who dont have a required game to hack vwii. This still needs quite the setup though to perform this, make sure to check this thread for iosuhax itself.
The project itself can be found on my github:
https://github.com/FIX94/wuphax

Now to do this you have to do the following:
Make sure to have iosuhax with only wupserver enabled set up already, this version can be found in my fork of iosuhax which is part of the thread I pointed out already.
If you did not acquire iosuhax by compiling it yourself, make sure you also install python for this to work, I tested this only in python 2.7.
Download the release of this project and extract it into a new folder.
Download the hackmii installer and put its boot.elf on your sd card.
From now on, everything will happen in the new folder you created for the release of this.
To use this start up iosuhax and edit the wiiu ip in wupclient.py (line 29) to match the one you have.
After that run backup.py, this should give you a 00000001.app if everything went well.
Run injectdol.py, this should give you a boot.app.
Now just run writedol.py and wait for it to upload the new executable.
After that is done, shut down your wiiu, unplug its power, replug it and go into wii mode.
In wii mode, run the mii channel, this should start up the boot.elf on your sd card root, install homebrew channel from here.
To restore your original mii channel, start up iosuhax again and run restore.py.
After that is finished you can just shut down your wiiu again, unplug the power and replug, after this point your mii channel should be back to normal.
Great, if only this existed a year ago... but still great for those of us who don't have a required game!

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow latest weeks have been awesome and you are one of the person who did it!
And this is permanent or temporal like actual exploits in Wii U? It's for don't brick my guarantee if I have to send it to Nintendo
Bye and thanks!

Reactions: goemon_guy

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wow latest weeks have been awesome and you are one of the person who did it!
And this is permanent or temporal like actual exploits in Wii U? It's for don't brick my guarantee if I have to send it to Nintendo
Bye and thanks!

This is an permanent exploit like Letterbomb or game-based exploit :)

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
You sir are fucking amazing!

I remember you thinking of such hack yesterday, but holy shit I did not expect this to happen so quickly! You made God's work! :grog:

D

Deleted User

I hate to be that guy but can iosuhax boot a sysNAND without issues?

pls dont hurt me

Last edited by ,

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I bought Batman and hacked it with that. Oh well but at least it's good to have more methods available. :D

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet! Now I can finally get around to selling my original Wii that's been collecting dust when I'm not in the mood for some backup loading on there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM