Hacking Official wuphax v1.1 - Hacking vWii from WiiU Mode

MonoParadox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I compiled IOSUHAX from FIX94' GitHub, put the fw.img on the SD card together with the boot.elf of the HackMii installer and the CFW booter, started the internet browser, went to loadiine.ovh, started the HBL and the CFW Booter. Then I edited my IP in the wupclient.py, opened the command prompt, cd'd into the folder and followed the instruction ("python backup.py" and so on).
Thanks for you help! I got it to run!

Last edited by MonoParadox,

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, I don't know whether or not HackMii Installer v1.2 knows if you're on vWii to prevent you from doing certain things, so can anyone tell me what to refrain from doing in the installer to prevent bricking any part of my system? I know I can't install BootMii, but is there anything else I need to avoid?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, I don't know whether or not HackMii Installer v1.2 knows if you're on vWii to prevent you from doing certain things, so can anyone tell me what to refrain from doing in the installer to prevent bricking any part of my system? I know I can't install BootMii, but is there anything else I need to avoid?
hackmii installer only gives you the option to install homebrew channel. It detects that bootmii won't work and won't even give that option.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to be a hassle, but can anyone anyone provide a build of armips v0.8 for me? The only pre-built version I can find is v0.7d.

Also, I can't seem to install pycrypto. I get this error when running "pip install pycrypto".
Code:
Command "c:\python27\python.exe -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='c:\\users\\irastris\\appdata\\local\\temp\\pip-build-7vudcb\\pycrypto\\setup.py';exec(compile(getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__).read().replace('\r\n', '\n'), __file__, 'exec'))" install --record c:\users\irastris\appdata\local\temp\pip-gbgq3c-record\install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile" failed with error code 1 in c:\users\irastris\appdata\local\temp\pip-build-7vudcb\pycrypto\

I'm running Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Update x64 if you need to know. Thanks for any help.

D

Deleted User

Sorry to be a hassle, but can anyone anyone provide a build of armips v0.8 for me? The only pre-built version I can find is v0.7d.

Also, I can't seem to install pycrypto. I get this error when running "pip install pycrypto".
Code:
Command "c:\python27\python.exe -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='c:\\users\\irastris\\appdata\\local\\temp\\pip-build-7vudcb\\pycrypto\\setup.py';exec(compile(getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__).read().replace('\r\n', '\n'), __file__, 'exec'))" install --record c:\users\irastris\appdata\local\temp\pip-gbgq3c-record\install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile" failed with error code 1 in c:\users\irastris\appdata\local\temp\pip-build-7vudcb\pycrypto\

I'm running Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Update x64 if you need to know. Thanks for any help.

I dont have armips, but get yourself an x64 copy of PyCrypto (iirc it's on the website as an EXE installer); you'd need to setup a full dev environment otherwise which isnt easy on Windows ;)

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont have armips, but get yourself an x64 copy of PyCrypto (iirc it's on the website as an EXE installer); you'd need to setup a full dev environment otherwise which isnt easy on Windows ;)
I would setup Linux in a virtual machine but I'm not sure if my computer can handle that. Perhaps if I used a light version of Linux like Lubuntu or something.

Also, all I see on the PyCrypto website is a TAR GZ, which is of course for Linux

Last edited by Irastris, , Reason: Correcting Kubuntu to Lubuntu. Was thinking about the wrong distro. :P
D

Deleted User

Doesn't work. The binary provided says I don't have Python v2.7 installed, even though I do. (Well, v2.7.12, maybe the binary doesn't detect that properly.)

Guess I'll just have to try a Linux virtual machine.
Use the easy_install method.

Is there any way to access Wii mode without a Wii Controller?
Currently? no. However, it will be worked on :P

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the easy_install method.

That worked, but now I'm faced with another problem. I'm currently being told that the starbuck_ancast_iv is incorrect when running getfwimg, but I have no clue what that is. I have the common key and ancast key, but I can't find any info on what this ancast iv is.

Reactions: Deleted User

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That worked, but now I'm faced with another problem. I'm currently being told that the starbuck_ancast_iv is incorrect when running getfwimg, but I have no clue what that is. I have the common key and ancast key, but I can't find any info on what this ancast iv is.
Hmm... *crystal ball* Maybe... google... pastebin ... Punderino... ... *crystal ball*

Last edited by RealityNinja,

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
This is a great development.

I wonder, is it possible to dump the entire vWii NAND from IOSUHAX? I would love to be able to dump (and restore) the vWii NAND from "outside" of vWii itself (like you can dump/restore NANDs on an A9LH 3DS using Hourglass9.bin). For example, it would be useful to dump the vWii NAND while it was still in an unhacked state, as a safety net.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea