Hacking WUP will not recognized folders of games but recognizes folder for "Homebrew Channel Launcher"?

amazingghost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have installed / reinstalled multiple times Haxchi and every time I load WUP to try and install a game it will not see any folders but a folder from the initial install of the homebrew channel loader. It doesn't seem it would be the format of the card or the brand since I have been able to install haxchi + homebrew channel loader up to this point. I also was able to install redNAND and Mocha CF with this same card but still having the same issue. To download games I have been using Wii U USB helper and also used the Tik program. Please help. I have tried to re-install haxchi, dump my NAND 3 times now to run Mocha on redNAND, have tried to install the games through straight haxchi and mocha. The card is a Samsung EVO 128gb.

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what version of wup installer are you using? only wup installer y mod and wup installer gx2 allow the use of folders the original wup installer does not work with folders.

He is using Wup installer y mod. I can't figure this one out. Hopefully someone will be able to help him.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does your sd card structure look like? Specifically what do you have inside of your "install" folder. That's what wup installer uses. If you downloaded some all in one then you probably still have the HBL channel install files in there.

You have to replace those files with the games that you downloaded. One at a time with wup installer. You can use folders with wup installer y mod

amazingghost

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried to remove the folder it can see, just for shits and giggles.
Yes I have removed the folder it can see and it just lists "install" the name of the parent folder

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What does your sd card structure look like? Specifically what do you have inside of your "install" folder. That's what wup installer uses. If you downloaded some all in one then you probably still have the HBL channel install files in there.

You have to replace those files with the games that you downloaded. One at a time with wup installer. You can use folders with wup installer y mod
I used Wii U USB Helper which individually lists the games/folders and I have them double check for file integrity. I have the typical wii u, install and haxchi file structure on my card. Whats weird is that I have been able to install EVERYTHING until this point and can even install one folder in the install folder the "homebrew channel loader" its just any folder thats downloaded by the Wii USB Helper or Tik. So frustrating.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have removed the folder it can see and it just lists "install" the name of the parent folder

I used Wii U USB Helper which individually lists the games/folders and I have them double check for file integrity. I have the typical wii u, install and haxchi file structure on my card. Whats weird is that I have been able to install EVERYTHING until this point and can even install one folder in the install folder the "homebrew channel loader" its just any folder thats downloaded by the Wii USB Helper or Tik. So frustrating.
Can you list how your folder structure look?

Example

Sd:\install\super mario\(files, no subfoldes in here)

ARVI80

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you got any loose files inside the install folder, files not in folders that is.

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I am also having the same issue. I use USB helper and it installs the game into the install folder but with its own folder like install > Kirby xxxxxx.
When i load up the WUP installer i cant install the game.
Please help.

swiitness

Trophies
XP
Country
I am also having the same issue. I use USB helper and it installs the game into the install folder but with its own folder like install > Kirby xxxxxx.
When i load up the WUP installer i cant install the game.
Please help.

+3 here. I'm also using USB Helper and it automatically places game, update and DLC folders into my SD card under the "install" folder and I have the same problem where wup installer only gives me the option to mark "install".

Seems to be a recurring issue that unfortunately hasn't been resolved yet.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I hope that this isn't the case, but in case that it's lack of attention at wup installer y mod and wiiu usb helper you have to press up/down to navigate through folders, and right to select the folder to install. Or you can press + and it will select all sub directories at sd\install, those programs will actually show only 1 sub directory at it's interface.

swiitness

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope that this isn't the case, but in case that it's lack of attention at wup installer y mod and wiiu usb helper you have to press up/down to navigate through folders, and right to select the folder to install. Or you can press + and it will select all sub directories at sd\install, those programs will actually show only 1 sub directory at it's interface.

It wasn't as careless as suggested, but it's almost as bad. Basically I just followed this:

Have you got any loose files inside the install folder, files not in folders that is.

I deleted all the "loose" files that were on there from the initial CFW install and after I did that, I could scroll through and see every single folder that Wii U USB Helper put in there. I just assumed the OP tried that, yet he still had errors and therefore deleting those files wouldn't have helped.

Hikari06

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I got it working by pressing up or down on the D pad and then select game
Yeah you've gotta browse the list, this has nothing to do with Usb Helper, it's just the way Wup Installer mod Y works :)

SceneNewbie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Did you ever figure out the solution to this? I have the exact same problem as you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun