Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice!

It's confirmed to work up to firmware 3.0.2. It may still be present on newer firmwares, but from 3.1.0 up it has not been confirmed to work.
The idea now is to get the key used to decrypt the IOSU binary code (fw.img) so I can compare it's code across all firmware versions.

Does anyone know how he got on with this? Looks like I will be holding off a little longer for now!

It isn't pretty clear imo ... he says it works UP TO fw 3.0.2 ... but FROM 3.1.0 UP nothing has been confirmed.
In my ears it sounds like 3.0.2 is currently the only known FW with a working IOSU exploit and everything FROM 3.1.0 and up hasn't been confirmed yet (which doesn't mean it does not work of course).

Any post from him where he actually confirms that 3.1.0 is still vulnerable to that exploit?

EDIT: I also just found this:

It was also patched in like 3.X and I know like 3 people who still have one on that, Hykem included

So 3.x includes 3.1.0 imo ?
3.0.2 should be 3.0.x if I'm not mistaken.

@Hykem please step up one more time and be so kind to give us a headsup on the current situation :D
There are still questions unanswered.

Last edited by FR0ZN,

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To much bullshit going on with the firmware spoofer. I just go update my WiiU to 5.5 tonight and play Mario Maker. Not like there are any interesting things coming to WiiU. Game loader would be nice, but all the games worth play I have played allready :)

Reactions: Maximilious

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To much bullshit going on with the firmware spoofer. I just go update my WiiU to 5.5 tonight and play Mario Maker. Not like there are any interesting things coming to WiiU. Game loader would be nice, but all the games worth play I have played allready :)

I'm kind of thinking the same. I have an eShop code for WW burning in my pocket, and vWii will still work. Issues with SMM manual with the spoofer. Everything is pointing to upgrade right now unless IOSU is discovered and can resolve issues from newer firmware. I'm sure Starfox and ZeldaU will have more things unlocked from future firmware not to mention NX as well

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
myt as well i guess?! still probable looking at least a few months before anything interesting/usefull to end user is released. but that just my opinion tbh

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I would not update guys I think that is a really silly move! people are regretting updating already so you will do the same if you do! you can play SMM with the spoofer so why not just get the manual of the net via pdf and print it out or something if you really need it?

http://supermariomaker.nintendo.com/manual/

Last edited by Reecey,

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would not update guys I think that is a really silly move! people are regretting updating already so you will do the same if you do! you can play SMM with the spoofer so why not just get the manual of the net via pdf and print it out or something if you really need it?

I don't have the game, but the manual unlocks more content in the game and can only be done so from the console. I did read emuNAND is being worked on. If it's being developed for 5.3.2 then I will hold off I suppose. But I see no point in installing the spoofer just yet. No one knows if there is any drawbacks if newer FW is released (I doubt it, but still a chance).

Reactions: Reecey

stsaerox

As old as the NES
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have a few a questions about this:

1. Spoofing the firmware successfully means that we lose completely the change to update to normally to 5.5.0? Along with it, we lose eshop too until next update?
2. is there a way to get the update to 5.5.0 (the real one) using WUP installer? Are you working on it?

I appreciate your hard work I'll donate to crediar but I'm skeptical because maybe you don't have a way to test it completely... what wiil happen when 5.6 is out? Will you be able to spoof it? If not can we restore our Wii U to normal and forget about homebrew?

I believe our options should be in the topic start along with the risks.

I don't want to put negativity in there... I'll show my good will and I'll start updating splatoon first and I'll prove it.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have the game, but the manual unlocks more content in the game and can only be done so from the console. I did read emuNAND is being worked on. If it's being developed for 5.3.2 then I will hold off I suppose. But I see no point in installing the spoofer just yet. No one knows if there is any drawbacks if newer FW is released (I doubt it, but still a chance).
OK I didn't realize about the manual bit, that's a downer then! I would still hold off though :) also another reason if people are just going to update and not support the projects then devs will see it as no point in really taking time with anything if only a hand full of people are on 5.3.2 to use the future devs.

Last edited by Reecey,

hms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles

What game content you can unlock? I thought it's just the 'making/design levels videos'?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What game content you can unlock? I thought it's just the 'making/design levels videos'?

From another thread:

So it's confirmed it's not only me.

Thanks for your help SonyUSA, do you think a fix is possible or it's definitely dead ?

Digital Manuals are not very important, but on Mario Maker we can unlock some goodies by entering secret codes from the Art Book.

;)

hms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
Yes it affects all smm spoofers, but it's not 'game' content, like your missing something major. I know that they changed emanual for browser with this game so they can play videos in manual.
History wise maybe, if you would like to know origins of some levels. You are free to update to official 5.5. no ones holding you back.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've been following the Wii U hacking scene for about a year or more now. And it's so funny because the same things repeat over and over again, I guess human nature is just like that ^^.
This exact same thing happened when 5.4.0 came out when people wanted dlcs and such... and soon enough exciting things come to the scene, at the same time they already got tired of their new toy, they start expressing regrets ^^.

A Generic User

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa whoa whoa what the fuck happened? I come back to this site and I see an exploit that I was using just literally two days ago and worked perfectly fine for me was supposedly "leaked", with Marionumber1 defending the guy who did it, and apparently crediar was so salty that he changed the wupinstaller site to reflect that. Also...
No, I'll probably need to once my brothers get SMM. :P
Older or younger?

Last edited by A Generic User,
Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: