Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by SonyUSA, Sep 11, 2015.

1. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Are you following the directions in the WUDump thread? WUDump gives you 12 parts of a wud file that you have to join on the pc, then extract the wupinstall style files (.app/.h3/title.*) from there using wud2app, and copy those to sd, THEN install. If you wanted to extract the files directly from disc so they're ready to install, you wanted Disc2App, not WUDump.

Depending on the disc and your computer skills, it might be fastest to just redump the disc with disc2app.

2. Gitaroo

Gitaroo GBAtemp Regular

Jun 20, 2007
    Canada

ok, I missed that, thanks for the reply.

3. Gitaroo

Gitaroo GBAtemp Regular

Jun 20, 2007
    Canada
    Hi I just found out that my external HDD might not be getting enough power from the WiiU usb port, it is ok to move all the games+saves I installed using wup installer to a new HDD using the wiiU storage management?

4. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    You can, if you have enough power going to the drive to successfully copy the games. But if you can do that, why do you suspect that you don't have sufficient power to use it?

5. Gitaroo

Gitaroo GBAtemp Regular

Jun 20, 2007
    Canada
    yeah I am not sure, because it seems to do that after like 20mins ish, always just when about to finish install the zelda patch. Also game too I guess, I think the external enclosure isnt very good. Already turn off the HDD sleep function too.

Last edited by Gitaroo, Apr 1, 2017
  6. FGOD

FGOD Wii gaming bitch

Jun 1, 2008
    Netherlands
    Netherlands, Den Helder
    hey guys, i was wondering something...

This spoofing of the firmware is used to get games to work from older firmwares, but what if you are on the latest firmware, and use apps like haxchi to install and play games. This sets the firmware to something impossible.

Can you spoof it back to the latest nintendo firmware and play online like you normally would?

7. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    If you haven't run Haxchi since you booted, you won't be showing the impossible version. You don't need to run Haxchi if you're playing games that have legitimate tickets.

If you play online with the higher version, Nintendo may know, but nobody has posted that they've been banned for doing it.

If you're concerned about it, or need to run CFW in order to run your game, install haxchi version 2.5. That was released before the feature was added.

8. FGOD

FGOD Wii gaming bitch

Jun 1, 2008
    Netherlands
    Netherlands, Den Helder
    Thnx for the reply, i downloaded the games with Wii u USB helper and the tickets were included, but I can't play them without haxchi so I guess they aren't legit tickets.

Thx for the tip about the older haxchi using correct firmware numbers. I might try that :)

9. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    If you do, just remember that you're giving up whatever update protection the fake system version number would have provided, plus any improvements made to the code after that point.

10. FGOD

FGOD Wii gaming bitch

Jun 1, 2008
    Netherlands
    Netherlands, Den Helder
    That's true... They should make an option for those things on boot... Let it boot to fake firmware version or normal version (both with cfw)

nexusmtz likes this.
  11. Casis

Casis I'm no hero, but I try to help when I can.

Apr 11, 2016
    United States
    Hey there, I keep getting the error code: 0xFFFCFFE9, which translates to- No SD card found. My SD card is in the system and when I press Y to remount the SD and rescan the folders, nothing happens. I used USB Helper to download Hyrule Warriors and used the Copy to SD option in the program. Was that the cause of my issue? Or am I just doing something else wrong?

12. TylerZM

TylerZM Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    I got error code 0xFFFFF82E

13. Mario987

Mario987 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2017
    United States
    Wup instaler does work and give me -5 message on the screen , couple weeks ago everything was ok , maybe somebody can help me please

14. Lglaplante

Lglaplante Pkmn Rom Hacker

Feb 12, 2017
    Canada
    EDIT: Finded
    but, for games updates, how do we do?

Last edited by Lglaplante, May 25, 2017
  15. Pepear500

Pepear500 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2017
    Spain
    ive a problem, while instaling a game, the program keeps running but the game stop being installed, it gets blocked, what shall i do?

16. fatboynate

fatboynate Bringer of Freedom

Mar 10, 2014
    Chad
    File Hosts
    is it possible to install from usb to internal or another usb hdd

17. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Nope, needs to be SD

18. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    From USB to internal might work with Mocha FAT32 build.
    From USB to USB doesn't work.

19. fatboynate

fatboynate Bringer of Freedom

Mar 10, 2014
    Chad
    File Hosts
    ive got cbhxi but when i use wup installer it doesnt see my 32gb usb drive so tools like usb helper take a while to install stuff

20. justdancingsam

justdancingsam Newbie

Newcomer
    May 4, 2018
    United States
    I keep getting error code: 0xFFFBFFFE

Any help?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice