WUP Installer, SD Card FAT32, how do I get games with .APP files larger than 4GB to install?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by overnightPLUMBUS, Jan 15, 2017.

1. overnightPLUMBUS
    OP

overnightPLUMBUS Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2017
    United States
    Using Wup Installer Mod Y, been using a FAT32 SD card to transfer files to the system to install, having an issue where something I'm trying to install has an .app file that exceeds the filesize limitation of FAT32. I see other people have these titles installed, what method is there that I'm not aware of?

2. punderino

punderino aka Big-Dick Swinger

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Which game is it? Try unpacking and repacking and see if the output is any different.

3. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    Interesting. i've installed plenty of backups and all appear to have <4gb file sizes which I assume is not a coincidence.

4. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    I always assumed the WiiU file system had the 4GB limitation too as that seems to be the cut off point for single files in large games.

5. overnightPLUMBUS
    OP

overnightPLUMBUS Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2017
    United States
    Bayonetta 2 and Fatal Frame are the titles that have an oversized App file.... I've been just downloading straight with uTikHelper, have yet to unpack any files....

6. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    You have a bad download. Neither of those titles has any app files over 4GB. Redownload with something that verifies the file size, e.g. JNUSTool and WiiU USB Helper.

7. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    something is wrong with your download I have downloaded both games and installed them with no problems.

8. Maschell

Maschell GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    .app files >4gb are not possible