• Views 197,445
  • Replies 398
  • Likes 82

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble backing up my games onto a usb drive. I was only able to dump it on SD card.

Since I am using linux (Arch Linux with Gnome), I tried making a Fat32 partition with Disks (Gnome App) and Gparted, but the wiiu program could not recognize it. I was trying to use a Samsung 250gb SSD I had laying around. Is there a proper way of making the FAT32 partition on Linux for the application?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are 3 dirs.
The main game dir. GM0005000010195D00
The other dir with those 3 files. GM0005001010060000
The 3rd dir with 2 key folders 02 and 03. SYSTEM

EDIT: Do I need those 3 files from the 2nd dir?
I found out the hash is wrong from the WUD so ripping it again.
I guess it corrupted somewhere. Everything works, files extract, just fails to install.
Maybe the corruption is making the 2nd dir???
I'll find out in about 2 hours when it finishes ripping again.
If you don't have success this time, copy the full text from the command window where you joined and then ran discu. If you don't join the file properly, you won't get the correct hash for the wud.

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So since I did write a dumper, I now also decided to write a fitting converter to .app files for it - called wud2app. While it may do pretty much the same as DiscU I wanted to write it myself to see how it all works and to have it open-source for anyone to read.
Also to make it easy to use I've updated wudump to v1.3 with only this change:
-added dumping of common key to make it easier to use with wud2app

hunter1999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since this was not done before I just decided to go ahead and do it because why not.
https://github.com/FIX94/wudump/releases
Download and run the .elf from homebrew launcher with a fat32 sd card/usb device inserted that has at least 23.3gb free.
The files will be dumped in 2gb parts, you will have to merge them yourself afterwards.
A full dump can take a little over one and a half hours.
After it has been dumped the wud parts and the game.key will be in a "wudump" folder on your sd card/usb device.
If you are on windows you can use something like this for example to merge them into a game.wud on a "wudump" folder on your C drive from a cmd in the sd/usb folder:
Code:
copy /b game_part1.wud + game_part2.wud + game_part3.wud + game_part4.wud + game_part5.wud + game_part6.wud + game_part7.wud + game_part8.wud + game_part9.wud + game_part10.wud + game_part11.wud + game_part12.wud C:\wudump\game.wud
If you would like to install your game using wupinstaller then grab wud2app:
https://github.com/FIX94/wud2app/releases
and run it like "wud2app common.key game.key game.wud" in the same folder of your combined game.wud, make sure to copy the common.key and game.key into that folder as well. The folder it creates then can just be installed by wupinstaller.
While it is quite basic it gets the job done I guess, all I really wanted to do anyways :P
thanks for the great job again ,i will make a video tutorial . i will mention that all credits go to fix94

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a somewhat related note: Is the low level structure of Wii U disc images documented anywhere? I've been looking for something like http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Disc or https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/NCSD for Wii U discs, but haven't been able to find anything.
In addition to Fix94's wud2app source, there's also the source to VGMToolbox's extractor. Not exactly documentation, but a good start.

So since I did write a dumper, I now also decided to write a fitting converter to .app files for it - called wud2app.
Thanks for the new app. Being that you create the files in parts, a nice enhancement would be to read those parts without them having to be joined. I have a feeling that people are joining the parts just so they can extract the .app files.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just came to say thanks @FIX94 !!! The other day i had a bit of problems with discU, but my dump of bo2 works fine and better than playing with the disc!

Thank you for this app and thank you so much for all of your hard work!

aarstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This program has been working great for me, but an issue just popped up that I'm not sure how to solve (and may not be related to wudump). I just updated haxchi and wudump, and now after a disc dump completes and auto-exits, my Wii U gets stuck at starting the home menu and eventually the game pad screen goes white. Holding the power button on the console lets me turn it off then on again, but it was working fine before I updated everything. Anyone have any ideas?

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is a problem a small amount of people seem to have with my recent apps which do the IOSU exploit and then install something, personally it never happend to me so I really cant tell you why it happens or what to do about it.

mallocup77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is magnificent! Thanks, FIX94! I am finally able to dump my retail copy of 007 Legends and install it on USB. It is really annoying to keep putting the disc everytime I want to play it. I am so used to digital titles now. Thank you again!

adr3nal1n

Trophies
XP
Country
Once I get to the point where it asks to insert a disc to start, is there anything else I need to do after the disc is inserted?

If I try to dump to fat32 usb and then insert the disc, nothing seems to happen, no progress indicator, nothing.

Am I missing something here, or do you suspect a fault with my 32GB usb flash drive (fat32 formatted with 64K clusters)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

hunter1999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Once I get to the point where it asks to insert a disc to start, is there anything else I need to do after the disc is inserted?

If I try to dump to fat32 usb and then insert the disc, nothing seems to happen, no progress indicator, nothing.

Am I missing something here, or do you suspect a fault with my 32GB usb flash drive (fat32 formatted with 64K clusters)?

Thanks in advance for any help.
the usb flash drive must be connected before launching the wudump ...after that press B to launch the dump and insert the disc when u got the message plz insert the disc ....i did the same but with sd card ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse