Official wudump - dump raw images from a wiiu game disc

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by FIX94, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Txustra

Txustra GBAtemp Fan

May 18, 2013
    Spain
    Does this work for NAND installed games?

2. nitrostemp

nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 15, 2009
    its only for disc games

Txustra likes this.
  3. DanTheMan827

DanTheMan827 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 3, 2015
    United States
    Wisconsin
    For that you'll want to extract your tickets and then use something to download the encrypted files from NUS

4. brienj

brienj Trying to avoid getting cancer

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    This gets two giant thumbs up from me!!!

DeslotlCL likes this.
  5. CuriousTommy

CuriousTommy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2014
    United States
    I am having trouble backing up my games onto a usb drive. I was only able to dump it on SD card.

Since I am using linux (Arch Linux with Gnome), I tried making a Fat32 partition with Disks (Gnome App) and Gparted, but the wiiu program could not recognize it. I was trying to use a Samsung 250gb SSD I had laying around. Is there a proper way of making the FAT32 partition on Linux for the application?

6. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    If you don't have success this time, copy the full text from the command window where you joined and then ran discu. If you don't join the file properly, you won't get the correct hash for the wud.

7. supermario18

supermario18 ;

May 3, 2016
    United States
    WHAAAAAAA!? This is amazing!

8. Ghassen-ga

Ghassen-ga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 21, 2016
    Wow! just realized this guy was also one of the devs behind nintendont ! such a talented guy ! keep up the great work .. we beg you :D

9. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
  10. FIX94
    OP

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    So since I did write a dumper, I now also decided to write a fitting converter to .app files for it - called wud2app. While it may do pretty much the same as DiscU I wanted to write it myself to see how it all works and to have it open-source for anyone to read.
    Also to make it easy to use I've updated wudump to v1.3 with only this change:
    -added dumping of common key to make it easier to use with wud2app

gamecaptor, daxtsu, KiiWii and 12 others like this.
  11. hunter1999
    This message by hunter1999 has been removed from public view by FIX94, Dec 5, 2016.
    Dec 5, 2016
  12. hunter1999

hunter1999 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
    thanks for the great job again ,i will make a video tutorial . i will mention that all credits go to fix94

13. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    In addition to Fix94's wud2app source, there's also the source to VGMToolbox's extractor. Not exactly documentation, but a good start.

Thanks for the new app. Being that you create the files in parts, a nice enhancement would be to read those parts without them having to be joined. I have a feeling that people are joining the parts just so they can extract the .app files.

14. MockyLock

MockyLock GBAtemp Regular

Apr 21, 2011
    France
    I used you rtool to rip my Skylander Giants game.
    Thnak you very much !

15. ddurdle

ddurdle GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2015
    Canada
    This is amazing work and great progress on the Wii U scene.

16. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's scalie trash

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Just came to say thanks @FIX94 !!! The other day i had a bit of problems with discU, but my dump of bo2 works fine and better than playing with the disc!

Thank you for this app and thank you so much for all of your hard work!

17. aarstar

aarstar Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    This program has been working great for me, but an issue just popped up that I'm not sure how to solve (and may not be related to wudump). I just updated haxchi and wudump, and now after a disc dump completes and auto-exits, my Wii U gets stuck at starting the home menu and eventually the game pad screen goes white. Holding the power button on the console lets me turn it off then on again, but it was working fine before I updated everything. Anyone have any ideas?

18. FIX94
    OP

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    This is a problem a small amount of people seem to have with my recent apps which do the IOSU exploit and then install something, personally it never happend to me so I really cant tell you why it happens or what to do about it.

19. mallocup77

mallocup77 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2015
    This is magnificent! Thanks, FIX94! I am finally able to dump my retail copy of 007 Legends and install it on USB. It is really annoying to keep putting the disc everytime I want to play it. I am so used to digital titles now. Thank you again!

20. adr3nal1n

adr3nal1n Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2006
    Once I get to the point where it asks to insert a disc to start, is there anything else I need to do after the disc is inserted?

If I try to dump to fat32 usb and then insert the disc, nothing seems to happen, no progress indicator, nothing.

Am I missing something here, or do you suspect a fault with my 32GB usb flash drive (fat32 formatted with 64K clusters)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

21. hunter1999

hunter1999 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
    the usb flash drive must be connected before launching the wudump ...after that press B to launch the dump and insert the disc when u got the message plz insert the disc ....i did the same but with sd card ...

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted