Official wudump - dump raw images from a wiiu game disc

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by FIX94, Dec 3, 2016.

1. FIX94
    OP

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    to give you a quick explanation about what that file actually is, it basically is the key needed to decrypt that specific disc with its specific game on it. if somebody has a disc with the same game, game version and game region it will work, otherwise it will not since the ISO on it is a different one, nintendo uses a different key for each ISO, the easiest way to check that is by the hashes automatically created by wudump.

2. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Is there a way to obtain .tik from my digital games? (I got some USA ones legits that I want to share to that title keys site and I know for sure they are not there) tik2sd wont work since it doesn't say what tik belongs to what game... it just gives me a lot of .tikis with lots of random numbers (no they are not title ids)

3. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Just upload your keys.txt file to the title keys site. (It's a button on the right, almost at the top.) The site will import any that it's missing. Your console ID is not part of that file, so you don't have to be concerned about privacy any more so than entering the keys manually.

Or you can check the Title Database to get the TitleIDs of the ones you know are missing.

Last edited by nexusmtz, Feb 24, 2017
    huma_dawii likes this.
  4. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Holy smokes I didn't know I can upload the whole thing!! :D thanks!

It worked!! :DD

Attached Files:

Last edited by huma_dawii, Feb 24, 2017
    nexusmtz likes this.
  5. EyeKey

EyeKey GBAtemp Regular

Feb 10, 2017
    Israel
    Last edited by EyeKey, Feb 25, 2017
    nexusmtz, KiiWii and Maschell like this.
  6. Maschell

Maschell GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Nice.
    Arghh now I need to add game_part.wux support to jnuslib/jwudtool.

Do you also verifiy the image?
    Which hash is it saving? The one from the wud or wux? Or both? Should save both imo

Last edited by Maschell, Feb 24, 2017
  7. EyeKey

EyeKey GBAtemp Regular

Feb 10, 2017
    Israel
    It saves the wud hash. I can't save the wux hash because I write the header/table at the end.
    I can save the hash of each part (because game_part1.wux is just for the header/tabl), but that code had a bug so I removed it for now, I will fix it.

Maschell likes this.
  8. Maschell

Maschell GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Ah I see. Too bad the result still has to splitted (screw you FAT32).
    Putting the splitted .wux files back together vs. compressing a splitted .wud directly into a .wux shouldn't make that big difference. Only when the .wux is that much smaller than the .wud (You save some time on copying the data).

Hopefully we have support for other filesystems in the future, then this becomes reaaally handy!

9. EyeKey

EyeKey GBAtemp Regular

Feb 10, 2017
    Israel
    The bottleneck is writing to the SD. So dumping directly to wux is faster. (I don't know how it is with external HD)

And I fixed the issue with the hash look up. So I recommend to redownload it.

Last edited by EyeKey, Feb 25, 2017
  10. ChambersNow

ChambersNow Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    Is there a wudump (or disc2app) equivalent tool for installed eShop games? I have Wind Waker HD and would like to back it up if possible to either WUD format or app/h3. I've tried sesrching but can't seem to find anything, thank you!

Last edited by ChambersNow, Mar 2, 2017
  11. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Don't think that's really possible.
    The only way to do what you want is to dump the unencrypted contents and re-pack them using NUSPacker (which gives them an invalid ticket - do CFW will be required to run the game)

12. CosmoCortney

CosmoCortney Chemtrail Pilot

Apr 18, 2013
    New Zealand
    on the cool side of the pillow
    Just tried to dump a kiosk demo disc (CAT-I) but the dumping process didn't start. I solely expected this not to be working. But what's the problem? Is this because CAT-I units use a different common key?

Pachee likes this.
  13. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    I'd think that you'd at least need a version of wudump that didn't try to figure anything out before it started dumping sectors. But the drive might not allow block reading until it has validated the disc, which it might not be able to. I assume that the WiiU shows it as 'Invalid Disc'. If you're getting a title at all, then you should be able to read sectors.

14. EpicLPer

EpicLPer Nice unless you give me a reason to hate you ;)

Mar 13, 2015
    Austria
    Austria
    Nice tool and all, sad that there's nothing around yet that can dump directly installed games :(

15. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    If you copy the files from /usr/title/00050000/lowtitleid via ftp or wupclient, you can repack them with nuspacker, but you're much better off getting the real install files from NUS.

16. EpicLPer

EpicLPer Nice unless you give me a reason to hate you ;)

Mar 13, 2015
    Austria
    Austria
    How can I extract the files from NUS tho? I do have those and the tik for it.

17. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    JNUSTool, newnusgrabber, WiiU USB Helper. Please discuss in those threads if you need more info.

18. deathnutz

deathnutz Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2017
    United States
    I'm having trouble with they game and common keys. I want to use this combined wud in cemu. It doesn't appear that they keys can be read in a text editor nor can it be imported into uwizard. This is what it looks like to me.

http://imgur.com/a/wX1Tj

How do I get this into the 32 character hex code everyone seems to like?

19. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Open the file in a Hex editor like HxD, or, if you want to use UWizard, rename game.key to game.bin (or whatever shows in the dropdown that isn't txt.)

You can also use powershell on Windows to view the file:

20. deathnutz

deathnutz Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2017
    United States
    Doh! Thank you! In haste, I tried an Online web based hex editor. Windows doesn't like to copy characters it doesn't understand. I used notepad++ and opened the key files directly. Then used their built in plugin "Converter" to run "ASCII -> HEX" on the highlighted encrypted text. This did the trick.

I've seen that other change the .key to .bin suggestion, as uwizard is only looking for a bin or one other other type of file extension (escapes me). This didn't work for me as it didn't seem to convert the still non-hex contents in the bin file into hex. It just loaded X's and gave me a red status of the key implying it didn't work/load properly.

Anyway, thanks again!

Last edited by deathnutz, Mar 17, 2017
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted