lurked

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow. EVERYONE in my school only knows the R4. When i tell them "I have a m3 Real" they respond with a "WTF is that". This also applies to my friend who has a dstt and another with a cyclo, As no one knows those flashcarts as well.
So this is my question: "Why is R4 so well known by those newbies in my school".
R4 isn't that great. M3 and the cyclo is far better then it in my opinion. Now more then ever, the m3 has developed the m3 sakura firmware which is a great improvement to the m3 real. so why? why aren't these flashcarts known? why the r4?

5thdimension

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well at the time it was released, it was one of the better flash carts out there. But now carts like the AceKard and CycloDS are way better then it. Chances is that it got popular via word of mouth.

xylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5th Dimension makes a point. At its prime the R4DS was one of the best flashcarts ever. It introduced users to a wide array of features unheard of at the time and really is the standard when it comes to a flashcarts GUI.. I even looked into buying one myself until I found the CycloDS Evolution and fell in love with the thing and its support

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
The law of gadgets even applies to piracy:

What's super-hi-tech today is complete fossilware tomorrow.

Keep in mind that the R4 was the first Slot-1 flashcart...

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Senor Saturno said:
Keep in mind that the R4 was the first Slot-1 flashcart...

Nonsense, there were plenty that came before the R4. It just became the most well-known. Look into the wide variety of "Ninja DS" and Neoflash products as examples of pre-R4 slot-1 devices. Also pretty sure the DS-X came out before it as well, but I'm not positive about that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?