wtf. No Power Supply

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
He is in the UK, and newegg do not deliver to the UK ...

He needs Maplins, or Dabs, or, ironically Amazon.co.uk ... also, PC World may be able to help ... but, if I were you, I'd try MicroDirect.co.uk first ...

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
Yeah, that'll work fine ... just make sure you have the right adaptor on the end, and what-not ...

Well on the router it is a round circle and a little pin coming outwards (see picture)

IMAG0142.jpg

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So i should buy that one i linked to?

Thanks thebobevil.

moozxy said:
Serious? I bought mine off Amazon and I got sent everything I needed.. Why don't you try emailing them?

I have.

I bought mine off the Amazon Markete place so i expected it being used etc but without a power supply is a complete joke.

I've gave the person a little email and some (negative) feedback explaining my anger.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First a hasty lookup of the datasheet says 12V 1 amp DC.
http://www.netgear.co.uk/pdfs/dg834g.pdf

That adapter you linked is a 0.5 amp AC adapter (there are precious few low voltage AC devices anyhow) which at best would not work and at worst do the whole release of magic smoke thing (and more than a few things in between). You do want a universal adapter but make sure it is the correct output.

Also the router should have a symbol like
powerplug-positive.jpg

The new adapter should have a guide on how to choose the polarity (ideally I would check with a voltmeter as I have had incorrectly labeled ones in the past), again anywhere between not working and magic smoke is the penalty for messing it up.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
If the listing did not explicitly state the adapter was not included then you should have one in the box. Do not spend any extra money. In short the seller has cocked up, but don't give up yet...

Amazon Marketplace are actual shops rather than individuals like e-bay, if you e-mail the seller you brought from they will probably be more than happy to help you. There is a good chance they are unaware of the missing part themselves, if it's an opened box or an unwanted return rather than a product that's actually been used (by Amazon T+C's opened boxes fall under used/refurbished). Give them the benefit of the doubt until they give you a useless reply. Then you can go postal on their ass
biggrin.gif

Failing that, contact Netgear directly and explain the situation. They may be able to help with a spare part or, if in a really good mood might even send you one free of charge (althouth the fact that it's second hand probably means you'll have to pay for it).

In short, calm down. I know it's a pain in the arse when things go wrong, but this could be a genuine mistake.
Also remember marketplace sellers probably work to 9-5 hours, don't expect a reply instantly. Give it two or three days.
Or if they have a phone number, call them. That'll probably be the quickest way.

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the seller got in touch after i sent a email towards her. She says she is "sorry" and there was a "mix up", she shipped the Power supply this morning.

Now i need to cancle/return the power supply which I'll get off Maplin.

Psyfira said:
If the listing did not explicitly state the adapter was not included then you should have one in the box.

What box? it didn't come in a box.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.