• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Wtf Is Wrong With This World :(

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
also, what shinji has said about tobacco and illegal drugs is irrelevant. criminals don't go around killing people with illegal drugs, besides, this illustrates the opposite of the point at hand. taking something away is entirely different than making it legal. take one look at prohibition and tell me that banning something will lead to greater control. and for the sake of argument, when something is legal, the government can exercise greater control over it

The tobacco part was a joke...
dry.gif

QUOTE(rashef @ Apr 16 2007, 02:57 PM)All hail the "Shoot your classmate" day.
Totally uncalled for

Souldragon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This is a sad day for the victims of the family, and there always people who use this kinda of events to promote personal hatred against something else like Jack Thompson blaming this on video games. All I have to say is stop with the blaming and do something about it instead of randomly using personal hatred and blame. Have something like must have a clean background.

Gun don't kill people. People kill people but if give a gun it increase the killing amount..

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why don't they have stricter gun laws. Or just ban guns altogether. No guns, no shootings. Simple as that. Oh, you like to hunt? Too bad ... pick up another hobby.

Asstard. Murder is already illegal. Criminals don't obey the laws. A ban doesn't do s***. Drugs are illegal and anyone can get them. And a Canadian is in no position to tell Americans what to do with American laws.

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Most gun crimes in America are gang related, most gangs are race related and they hate other gangs that are of different races. If you ban guns in America, a new type of black market will start and it would cause more problems.

yes there will always be a black market,

but with all these massacres at schools etc. the murderers are ordinary kids that are not members of gangs. If guns were illegal and only sold on the black market, 16 or 17 year old Johnny wouldn't be able to get his 21 year old friend to just go to the shop and get him a shotgun and a pistol would he?

Gun crime will never be erradicated but there is no denying that banning firearms will decrease shootings.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
oh i understood your point perfectly, giving the killer so much attention is really a shame, but really only if it glorifies the situation, i think it's clear that the media is sending a negative message regarding this kid. and if the kid were still alive, maybe some scrutiny over him would be a good thing, helps us understand why something like this happens besides just saying "some kid with some screws loose went crazy"

That´s the thing, how can I do that if the guy´s parents, teachers, classmates, friends,etc... can´t do it?
It´s not because of a broken family, it´s not the TV, it´s not the music, it´s not the videogames, there´s lots and lots of kids that have been through the same things. The kid just felt like doing it and have something to do it with.
I wish I know what was he thinking, but I don´t. All I can do is hope that things like this just stop happening everywhere.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Gun crime will never be erradicated but there is no denying that banning firearms will decrease shootings.
Mazza does have a point. There will never be any way to completely rid firearms, but at least do what we can, right?

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why don't they have stricter gun laws. Or just ban guns altogether. No guns, no shootings. Simple as that. Oh, you like to hunt? Too bad ... pick up another hobby.

Asstard. Murder is already illegal. Criminals don't obey the laws. A ban doesn't do s***. Drugs are illegal and anyone can get them. And a Canadian is in no position to tell Americans what to do with American laws.

Of course if you're going to kill a bunch of ppl and then yourself you don't care if murder is illegal. If buying guns was to be made illegal it would be harder to get the weapon adn therefore harder to kill ppl.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why are people here so hateful of America and blaming America. Stop hating and feel some remorse for the people who just lost their loved ones.

Blame the the killer and nothing else. The killer, out of his own free will decided to do this sick crime.

Thanatos-Drive

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You guys in all your other countries must think your land is perfect, huh? No country is perfect. What about the London bombings? You don't see Americans saying, 'Boy those people in the UK must be really messed up to do that.' And before you bash the U.S., wonder why there are so many immigrants.

The only people originally in America were the Native Americans. Everybody else in the U.S. is from YOUR country. You're the ones bringing all this over here.

galaxykidgamma

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Mazza does have a point. There will never be any way to completely rid firearms, but at least do what we can, right?

the problem is there is no sort of precedent for this kindof thing, so we can either work with the status quo, or take a big risk, and i don't think the latter is a favorable choice

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
You guys in all your other countries must think your land is perfect, huh? No country is perfect. What about the London bombings? You don't see Americans saying, 'Boy those people in the UK must be really messed up to do that.' And before you bash the U.S., wonder why there are so many immigrants.

The only people originally in America were the Native Americans. Everybody else in the U.S. is from YOUR country. You're the ones bringing all this over here.
What the heck does THAT have to do with this discussion? Everybody knows the faults of their own country AS A WHOLE. Nobody has once made it seem that their country is "better" than anothers. Well at least I havent interpreted it as that...

Souldragon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

How the hell did I or any other people bring them over to U.S. Problems occur everywhere, if there people that have greed, hatred, etc etc there always be problems

jaxxster

The Heretic
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country

Theres a difference between a group of terroists and one fucked up little kiddy who obviously managed to get a gun too easily. I cant ever remember a school shooting here apart from the 1 but that was an old fked up peado guy where in america i remember quite a few.

Man its terrible. The numbers keep going up, when i first read it was 30 people now its 33 dead
frown.gif

galaxykidgamma

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
United States
i don't really think that's fair either, i know that i'm not a german, even though that's the only kind of blood that runs through me. Americans are americans, we've been naturalized over like 300 years now, yet the ethnic heritage claim remains relevant, for those who are still practicing their ethnic traditions more strongly than their american ones,

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not bashing America, I'm just making a point that Guns should be made illegal. No, no country is perfect, but how many Gun shootings in colleges and schools are there in the UK or mass murders by seemingly normal members of the public, near to none.

The London bombings was only one event and was an act of terrorism, completely different to the happenings in the USA. The london bombings were by extremists and killed 52 people. The difference is when was the last time something like this happened in the UK?

And to the reamrks about everyone else is from our country, you're ancestors were from our country, since then there has been generations of different people and has become it's own nation and the US doesn't follow UK laws and has the constitution etc. so unless you're saying the US is part of the UK, which I highy doubt then your statement is useless.

D

Deleted User

Why don't they have stricter gun laws.  Or just ban guns altogether.  No guns, no shootings.  Simple as that.  Oh, you like to hunt?  Too bad ... pick up another hobby.

Asstard? Uhhh, what the hell is wrong with you? Why are you making a personal attack on me? What did I do to you?

Seriously ... something in your water.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol