WTF is up with the useless posts here at GBATemp

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBATemp was always one of my favorite sites, but it seems that the forums are getting out of hand recently. I am all for new members, but not morons. There has to be a way to control this.

You go into a thread now a days, and there is nothing on fucking topic with the thread. It's like a 5 page thread, with 1 or 2 correct postings about the thread heading.

I just want to get some agreement on this point. And for you fucking retartarded newbies who don't know better:

1- Fucking use Search
2- Don't have conversations about shit that is off topic. Go to MIRC, or fucking make a new thread
3- Stop writting where you download your games from.
4- Stop asking where to download games from.
5- Keep on fucking topic. Something titled Ghost Busters is about fucking Ghost Busters not some other fucking game you can't get to load.

I hate to see this place go the way of Maxconsoles.

Just some one do me a favor out there. If the intelligent people are migrating to a non retard forum about Wii/NDS, could you please let me know where it is before I am the last one on here and stuck with these people. PM me the new site, cause last thing we need is for others to go there and start this shit all over again.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Useless posts like this one? I think it'd be more suitable in the blog area than the Wii section. There's no way to stop "useless posts" since not everyone's gonna care.. unfortunately.

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is annoying that almost all the new threads are made by people with 40 post asking how to unbricked their Wii's
cause they updated using a game disc update.
It's also annoying that people can't post in the correct section.
smile.gif

Wii - Games & General discussion

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its just the growth in members really. In the past we didn't get a constant stream so it was a lot easier to handle.

We try and do our best but we need to do things in our lives too, which is the reason why I asked not to be designated to the Wii areas no more plus that I am confused about these .dols being legal or illegal.

I'll move this to Site suggestions & feedback, maybe someone will take notice more there. The admin don't have Wiis so they don't look around these parts.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I thought it only happens in EoF? And i thought n00bs do make a bunch of new topics that are already answered instead of posting in a topic already made.

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I did post this in Wii Games and General Discussion, because this happens on the Wii Forumns, and this is a general statement.

I don't blame GBATemp for this. Just the new damn users. Check out the Conduit post. 5 pages before you get your answer.

Hadrian,

Thanks for moving this. I hope it does get noted. Maybe we can do a parol period, where the posts are monitored. I have just seen other sites go down, and this site has been around way to long, and it is way to good to go down the crapper because of these things.

I really hate soft moding, always leads to this. At least Modchips scare people away.

D

Deleted-119707

this is a usless topic. your complaining about useless topics such as this. use the blogs. if you look at my blogs, i put my usless posts there. whether its a question on how to get a game to work, i dont see a reason to create a new thread for 1 question. waste of space.

however, i did notice the growing of usless posts ever since i joined. but what can we do? we CAT monitor EVERY post/thread. there are far too many and will require ALOT of staff that are willing to help.
if staff will be picked to monitor, it shall be someone trustworthy and who will not mess up gbatemp.

there is a 'report' button under each post. maybe this can be used to report usless posts?

otherwise what can you do?

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im sure all the mods do their best to well errm moderate, but seeming as thought his is such a big place its hard to keep up, but trust me, anything related to game downloads is pretty much severely taken care of. I mean also the members here have to help by actually reporting. as for the off topicness, especially in the Wii and NDS sections it can get a bit out of hand, but yet again i've seen those threads be moderated.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
People think that it's a place where they can dump their shit.

Mass banning people who ask questions that have been repeatedly answered (One time I saw a topic asking for help, and literally two topics below in the same section was a thread with almost the exact same title and contents), or perhaps mass warnings.

The problem is, is that the new generation of internet users is close to batshit retarded, and there are too many children that have free use of the internet these days. Coupled with the ease that piracy is today, these people plague internet forums such as GBAtemp in search of answers for even the most simplist of things, despite that fact that piracy has gotten to the point that it's so easy, if you need help the best help you can get is to attend elementary school once in a while instead of hanging out in a basement.

People just don't teach common sense anymore, I guess. It's the reason for a lot of things, look at the health and safety rules of Britain as an example, they're essentially saying "People lack common sense, so we put signs and fences everywhere".

Edit:

I just happened to read this post

chintendox said:
Well I received an r4i-SDHC and an AceKard 2i. I have an AceKard 2i with AKAIO me aged 11.
But i gave the r4i to my sis age 8.

My god, even eight year olds are pirating. This is the problem, children on the god damned internet.

I thought you had to be 13 to register for an internet forum without a guardians permission? Perhaps we should start policing this rule.

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have always been a proponent of mass bannings and warnings. the other day i saw a thread from a guy that wanted help setting up his r4i and i ripped him for even having the balls to ask how to set up a flashcart when there are guides all over the damn Internet.

we can always ip ban these types of idiots but then theres a small minority that seem to think that just because i have a high post count, im stroking my epeen and am acting superior as i type this.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe we should just add a huge banner that says "SEARCH" instead of a little button or a gigantic link to Google. I'm a newbie (sorta), but I like to think I search everything possible before I ask here (and I haven't asked anything yet so).

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
Its just the growth in members really. In the past we didn't get a constant stream so it was a lot easier to handle.

We try and do our best but we need to do things in our lives too, which is the reason why I asked not to be designated to the Wii areas no more plus that I am confused about these .dols being legal or illegal.

I'll move this to Site suggestions & feedback, maybe someone will take notice more there. The admin don't have Wiis so they don't look around these parts.
Very nicely said.

Shortly said:
People dont wanna buy crappy Wii games, so they search for "free wii games" and get redirected to gbatemp... where they find SO MANY DIFFERENT TYPES/VERSIONS OF BACKUPLOADER THAT THEY GET HYPED AND ASK FUCKIN OBVIOUS QUESTIONS!
smileipb2.png

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
newer members shouldn't even be allowed to make threads. honestly. i visit a forum called teamliquid.net where the staff is strict as fuck, and new members can't even make a thread for like a week or 2 first, and ppl get banned for doing one or two stupid things. it may sound pretty extreme, but as long as ur a normal decent member, it helps quality control. if i was a mod, i would be doing a LOT of banning. my major complaint is our warning system here. u have to get a good 10 warnings before getting banned. i think it should be 5, or maybe even fewer.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
da_head said:
newer members shouldn't even be allowed to make threads. honestly. i visit a forum called teamliquid.net where the staff is strict as fuck, and new members can't even make a thread for like a week or 2 first, and ppl get banned for doing one or two stupid things. it may sound pretty extreme, but as long as ur a normal decent member, it helps quality control. if i was a mod, i would be doing a LOT of banning. my major complaint is our warning system here. u have to get a good 10 warnings before getting banned. i think it should be 5, or maybe even fewer.

I visit a place called SomethingAwful, where you need a credit card and $9.95 to register.

That might be a bit extreme for GBAtemp, though. Perhaps making it so new members can't create new threads whilst in the "newcomers" group, though. That would mean they'd need 100 posts, and by that time they should know how to use the forum properly. But that might also promote spamming in topics in order for their post count to be raised, in which case the forums would need policing more often and more members would need to learn to use the report button. I've seen members with 1,500+ posts replying to topics saying "OMG DIS TOPIC SHULDN'T BE HERE!11!!" when they should have used the report button.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.