WTF Is up with Android games and the three star system?!

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by Chocolina, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Chocolina
    OP

Member Chocolina GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Like nearly every Fucking game on my system no matter the genre often has a vastly overused scoring system where you need to do x activity in y time to get one to three awards, often stars but, I same concept none the less.

I've known this awhile but you think random things at night.

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Extra extra- shocker as arbitrary activity seen to feature arbitrary rewards.

Seriously though it has happened for years in loads of games and probably helped coin the "easy to learn, hard to master" idea and chief among those were games you could theoretically rinse in a couple of hours were it not for such mechanics.

3. pokefloote

Member pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Replayability, maybe? I would always blast through little smartphone games like this not caring about scores, then after it's completed I fill in the blanks to get 3 stars on everything.​

Ammako likes this.
  4. Chocolina
    OP

Member Chocolina GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No... I mean that there's 3 stars on EVERYTHING

Racing games like asphalt 7, third and first person shooters, and adventure games and many other complex 3D games...

They all seem to revolve around a 3 point award system, and and most of them, not all, have a hub menu where there's a list of world's or themes with usually like 30 levels inside. It's all unoriginal and lazy, and you don't see this kind of thing repeat so often on other consoles and handheld.