TheGreek Boy

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Greece
i already buy fieldrunners from eshop to downgrade my 2ds but now i'm trying to redownload it and it's says "software currently unavailable" why??? i thought i can redownload it after they remove it from eshop:(

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
no way, why ?
Because unless you have a hardmod, 11.3 completely disabled DSiware downgrade and or other methods of downgrades. It's completely useless as of right now and it would make more sense to sell it and buy a new one. Or simply wait for Glob know how long.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Because unless you have a hardmod, 11.3 completely disabled DSiware downgrade and or other methods of downgrades. It's completely useless as of right now and it would make more sense to sell it and buy a new one. Or simply wait for Glob know how long.
i want to restore a nand backup on a 2ds with sysnand 11.3 because i lose a9lh using gateway:(
OP, edit your post so people doesn't get confused, I don't think you will be able to download it. If I were you I'd ask for a refund by calling nintendo, although IDK if they will accept.

Last edited by PabloMK7,
Reactions: DrkBeam

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My comment still applies. 11.3 patched out DSiWare downgrade by adding a NATIVE_FIRM requirement to the homemenu. This has rendered DSiWare downgrade completely useless because you can't apply the 10.4 FIRM. So even if they could download the games, they can't use it to downgrade the system.
So basically, they need a hardmod to restore the previous NAND. If they don't have a hardmod, then they are shit out of luck until one of these things happens;
1: They get a hardmod done
2: A new exploit is found
3: Sell the system and buy a new one that can be exploited.
This isn't me being mean. The OP should have done some research before updating. It's been well documented that Gateway lacks FIRM0/1 protection and also documented that 11.3 won't even boot with the Gateway because it's using an older NATIVE_FIRM. Basically the OP was fucked no matter what they were doing and it was because of they failed to do any form of research before hand.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
My comment still applies. 11.3 patched out DSiWare downgrade by adding a NATIVE_FIRM requirement to the homemenu. This has rendered DSiWare downgrade completely useless because you can't apply the 10.4 FIRM. So even if they could download the games, they can't use it to downgrade the system.
So basically, they need a hardmod to restore the previous NAND. If they don't have a hardmod, then they are shit out of luck until one of these things happens;
1: They get a hardmod done
2: A new exploit is found
3: Sell the system and buy a new one that can be exploited.
This isn't me being mean. The OP should have done some research before updating. It's been well documented that Gateway lacks FIRM0/1 protection and also documented that 11.3 won't even boot with the Gateway because it's using an older NATIVE_FIRM. Basically the OP was fucked no matter what they were doing and it was because of they failed to do any form of research before hand.

Technically you can restore a NAND backup via dgtools on DSiware (assuming you still have a valid dsiware game or injected sudokuhax v0 in the DS wfc connection app), it's just slower.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Technically you can restore a NAND backup via dgtools on DSiware (assuming you still have a valid dsiware game or injected sudokuhax v0 in the DS wfc connection app), it's just slower.
I actually didn't know that. Thanks for informing me of this ^_^ But still requires you to have an exploitable game.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I actually didn't know that. Thanks for informing me of this ^_^ But still requires you to have an exploitable game.

I don't know if i'm being extra cautious, but i think the guide should suggest (an optional route, like the move emunand part) that you injected dgtools via sudokuhaxv0 on the DS connections app. Just to be on the safe(er) side. Problem with this is that it can really fuck you up if you don't know what you're doing. (for example writing garbage on FIRM 0/1 if you attempted the native_firm downgrade, firm protections can't protect you on arm9 payloads). A stripped down version a-la hourglass9 should do the trick. I also heard that the injected app survives updates. I've yet to try it myself due to not finding enough documentation on how to do it in the first place.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't know if i'm being extra cautious, but i think the guide should suggest (an optional route, like the move emunand part) that you injected dgtools via sudokuhaxv0 on the DS connections app. Just to be on the safe(er) side. Problem with this is that it can really fuck you up if you don't know what you're doing. (for example writing garbage on FIRM 0/1 if you attempted the native_firm downgrade, firm protections can't protect you on arm9 payloads). A stripped down version a-la hourglass9 should do the trick. I also heard that the injected app survives updates. I've yet to try it myself due to not finding enough documentation on how to do it in the first place.
It's interesting idea, but something that would require a lot more testing before it's can be accepted. I suggest throwing the idea out there to find people willing to test it. Maybe this could the new "DSiware Downgrade."

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
It's interesting idea, but something that would require a lot more testing before it's can be accepted. I suggest throwing the idea out there to find people willing to test it. Maybe this could the new "DSiware Downgrade."

Except it's restoring, i don't think you can do a ctr transfer at all with it. Only personal use backups. At least that's what i remember from back when the idea was being talked about. I'll probably post a thread asking for the semantics on how does it work and what can you achieve with it.
This wouldn't help you hack a new system, just undo a (gateway-ish) fuckup.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Except it's restoring, i don't think you can do a ctr transfer at all with it. Only personal use backups. At least that's what i remember from back when the idea was being talked about. I'll probably post a thread asking for the semantics on how does it work and what can you achieve with it.
This wouldn't help you hack a new system, just undo a (gateway-ish) fuckup.
Yeah, I guess there is always a catch to it. I mean, it's an interesting idea, nonetheless.

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait so even if you bought the game and they pull it, you can't redl? Rip those who just enjoy the game itself xD
Anywho rip OP, I hope you can get it all sorted
Hardmod or new 3ds though, however I hope this means you'll study prior, never update like it's nothing when modding a system, that's silly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You snooze you don't go mental