Homebrew WTF happened.. nothing works

tapsevarg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have been using homebrew and TT Mplayer and Mplayer CE for a long time.

Recently I got WiFI and connected the Wii. I was given the option to update the homebrew channel/install DVDX and accepted, even though I had both installed already. I believe I also updated the Wii menu to 4.0 at this point (supposedly 4.0 doesn't harm the hombrew & wanted SDHC).

Long story short, something started going goofy.

I have had to remove the Homebrew channel and reinstall using bannebomb then Hackmii homebrew/DVDX install.

So it seems I have Homebrew reinstalled on the newly updated 4.0 system. I attempt to use any application (Mplayer, Mplayer CE, DMP) and they all crash. A good example of a guaranteed crash is to attempt fast forwarding a movie. It's a guaranteed crash! I tried changing skins on DMP.... crash.

I have no idea what is going on. I had a very stable setup not long ago and now nothing works. Everytime it crashes I get a bunch of code and an exception DSI error occurring.

Can somebody tell me what in the world is going on? It's just the homebrew spazzing.

tapsevarg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried formatting the SD card multiple times.

I have installed and reinstalled Homebrew and apps many times since it started going goofy, with formatting done in between.

I just formatted my Wii memory too (giving up my free internet channel). I'll see if that makes a difference.

I just noticed something weird too. I think my Wii destroyed the finish on my dresser. I do not recall there being a bald spot exactly where my (vertical) Wii exhausts. That seems pretty crazy. I can't recall the last time I heard the fan going on my Wii either.

I have absolutely no idea what is going on at this point. I only care about watching movies on my Wii. I just want to do that. But it seems that I start a movie and get flashing bars on the top and bottom before it coe dumps with the DSI excetion etc..

I have no issues playing games though????

tapsevarg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I think I have figured out what part of the problem was.

After I would install the bannerbomb hack and homebrew, I would remover the SD card. I would erase all the files on the SD card, because I was under the impression that the new install method deposited all necessary materials onto the Wii (making the files on the SD card redundant).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1