WTF Deal Extreme?!?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Schizoanalysis, Mar 27, 2010.

Mar 27, 2010

WTF Deal Extreme?!? by Schizoanalysis at 12:53 PM (1,205 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Schizoanalysis
    OP

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    So -- the process of returning faulty goods to DX is always long and tedious -- but now it has just become weird...

There are the latest two responses I got to requests for returning defective flash cards...

Apologize for the item being defective.Would you mind fixing the defective item in your local store and we will give $7 discount to you as compensation?

Can you accept this way ? pls advise .

Thanks for your patience

Best Regards

Apologize for the item being defective.Would you mind fixing the defective item in your local store and we will give $15 discount to you as compensation?

Can you accept this way ? pls advise .

Thanks for your patience

Best Regards

WTF? Since when can I get a DOA DSTTi or AK fixed at a local store...?! And for that price? Just refund me the full amount and stop it with these agonizing arguments... I hate being short changed...

Enough with the "fix it at a local store" BS... IT CAN'T BE DONE!

/Rant

2. Adr990

Member Adr990 To boldly go where no man has gone before!

Netherlands
    Look Dealextreme can't send you a replacement flashcard, as if they do, they are illegal. (Because of some silly laws.)

But look, they even pay you back for your broken card. Ain't that a great service? Besides, they give more than you paid for the thing. [​IMG]
    Acekard 2i = 10 dollar I remember..

3. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    That wouldn't matter as they no longer sell flashcarts. His purpose was to buy a flashcart in the first place and now he'll get $15 coupon in return that has nothing to do with a flashcart. He has the right to complain as DX's service is sometimes very shitty. But its the wrong place to complain at. Go use DX's forum.

4. david432111

Member david432111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Denmark
    Well, they wanted me to get my micro sd card "fixed" locally once so anythings possible.

5. RchUncleSkeleton

Member RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    well dealextreme has always been shady... I've never purchased anything from them for that reason, do yourself a favor and buy from a reputable dealer and for that matter spend $20 and get a good flashcard instead of $2 piece of garbage that it the dstt or r4. You can get the m3i zero for about $22 or the M3 real for about $19, that's still less than 1 ds game!

6. Schizoanalysis
    OP

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia

I forgot to mention:

$7 refund offered for 2x defective DSTTi (paid $20)
    $17 refund offered for 4x defective AK2.1 (paid $40)

Not such a great deal... hmm?

7. Man18

Member Man18 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    If its still under warranty I would be a punk and ask for them to send you the cash to purchase one form another website.