Gaming WTF?! Cubic Ninja is now almost $70 on Amazon?!!! What's wrong with people these days?!

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do get it, I just believe that the price is outrageous. Thinking that makes me "not get it?" Cubic Ninja is a backup plan, but these days free alternatives pop up, and while it takes time to wait for them to come, they do. Even when something is patched, something new rolls around. I can wait for those free alternatives, therefore trying to pay that much for a backup is just absurd to me.

That's what I get.
I disagree with you.

I am confident CN should cost $80 for what it does and all the value it provides, it's limited availability, and how the number of exploits available has dropped to almost nothing. Who could risk NOT having CN!

Last edited by gallymimu,

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
60 because sky3ds> cubic Ninja
I still disagree, raise it to $90 then.

No it should cost $90$100.

It is the only legal exploit.
It is the only unblockable exploit
all the other exploits are dropping like flies
sky3ds, but for how long, now that they can detect it, and it's from china! BOOOO, who knows if it will even show up!

If you buy CN today, you could be saving yourself a lot of headaches, hassle free homebrew, that warm fuzzy feeling of not being a pirate (which in my opinion is priceless)

I could go on if goaded.

Certainly those who said it should cost $30 or less look pretty silly right now! Pretty darn silly.

Last edited by gallymimu,

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No it should cost $90$100.

It is the only legal exploit.
It is the only unblockable exploit
all the other exploits are dropping like flies
sky3ds, but for how long, now that they can detect it, and it's from china! BOOOO, who knows if it will even show up!

If you buy CN today, you could be saving yourself a lot of headaches, hassle free homebrew, that warm fuzzy feeling of not being a pirate (which in my opinion is priceless)

I could go on if goaded.

Certainly those who said it should cost $30 or less look pretty silly right now! Pretty darn silly.

I disagree with it being totally unblockable.
They could patch it at any time with a game update, nevertheless who would even download it though...

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Full disclosure:

I never had economics and have a mediocre education (obviously).
I disagree with it being totally unblockable.
They could patch it at any time with a game update, nevertheless who would even download it though...

OK I was making that part up. It is of course conceivable for them to block CN, but not practical from a business perspective to block a legitimate software offering. AND you are correct that a patch could work if they even have access to the developers and source code to do that (I don't know how legit of a studio CN came from).

Luckily, since that wasn't a price disagreement my perceived value of CN holds steady at the close of the market today at $100.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Like I said earlier, you can buy one from Gamestop.com, and have it delivered to the closest local GS you have via in-store pickup, this is what my friend did after I told him about it.

I know how Capitalism works, and I don't disagree with you on Cubic Ninja being worth more than $80 simply because of the sheer demand for it, but if anyone did at the very least some minimal amount of research they could possibly get one for $10.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spent nearly $100 USD on my copy. I win. *cries*

I could have gotten it for way cheaper if I had an American N3DS but I have an out of region system. UK to be exact, where their currency is worth 60% more than mine. I used to have an American copy for my O3DS, I drove 40 minutes to get it for $20 at the only GameStop in Ohio that had a single copy left.

Last edited by Selim873,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reminds me of something I saw on Ebay, somebody was selling Cubic ninja for $5000!
It was @Xenon Hacks on here who listed $5000 CN on Ebay (that's what he said)!

That's a insane price for a game like cubic ninja! Better off just getting sky3ds blue button, at least then you have cubic ninja plus more.
But you're outright supporting piracy! :rolleyes:

You have options, use them.

You can buy the game from Gamestop.com, there's an option for in-store pickup, buy the game online, select the closest store to you, and you'll be notified when it arrives and you can pick it up.

Supply and Demand indeed, but you can win vs the demand if you have the knowledge to work around it.

Gamestop doesn't do that for used game (transport between there store). And it's hard to find unless it's in small town.

Last edited by tivu100,

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sell your 3DS and buy a new one. You might even be able to get one on a firmware under 9.2, which means you get kernel access.

This times a million. I don't know why people are even buying games anymore. I wouldn't buy Cubic Ninja if it were $1. You could probably buy a used 3ds or 2ds with low firmware for less than $70.
If you are strictly against piracy, and don't want to download games and just want homebrew, I ask you to make pirating CN the exception. Paying $70 for that game is just as bad as supporting piracy. You are supporting crooks who take advantage of people's desire for homebrew.

Reactions: cvskid

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This times a million. I don't know why people are even buying games anymore. I wouldn't buy Cubic Ninja if it were $1. You could probably buy a used 3ds or 2ds with low firmware for less than $70.
If you are strictly against piracy, and don't want to download games and just want homebrew, I ask you to make pirating CN the exception. Paying $70 for that game is just as bad as supporting piracy. You are supporting crooks who take advantage of people's desire for homebrew.
While i agree with this, it might eventually get to the point where 3ds systems below 9.2 will become hard to find. At least at a affordable price given how many people end up updating 3ds system either by accident or on purpose.

Last edited by cvskid,

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Nope. The devs of that game went bankrupt, and Nintendo doesn't have the source. They can't do anything about it.
Only way to patch it without a game update would be to patch gspwn, which apparently is possible but would take waaaay too much effort.

I'd buy it just for the sake of having it - even though I already have OoT as a backup, cartridge-based hax entrypoint, but you can't be more right. Buying Cubic Ninja for $70 or $80 isn't a good idea. Think of just who the money is going to.
On the other hand, you can buy a sealed o3DSXL/2DS, support Nintendo, and still get a fully exploitable system - which will allow you to do many more things than just homebrew, including (but most definitely not limited to) piracy and the like.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

While i agree with this, it might eventually get to the point where 3ds systems below 9.2 will become scarce to find. At least at a affordable price given how many people end up updating 3ds system either by accident or on purpose.
Well hopefully by that point there'll be a kernel exploit available for higher firmwares, but right now getting a new system is the best option. Not to mention you don't even need Cubic Ninja to set up an emunand anymore, it can all be done from the browser.

Reactions: cvskid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/