Wrong video output with WiiGator's Backup loader?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kylehaas, Jan 26, 2010.

Jan 26, 2010
  1. kylehaas
    OP

Member kylehaas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I recently created a backup disk with Eternal Darkness (GCN) on it. When I try loading it on NeoGamma (Rev14?), it stops at the "Poe" poem intro and displays a typical gamecube "disk could not be read" error. When I try playing the same disk on my WiiGator's GCN Backup loader (.2?) it plays, but in PAL format or something. At the backup loader menu, the screen has lines running through it and every game is in black and white... Everything works fine on NeoGamma, so I usually just use that, but as I said, Eternal Darkness is the first backup I've ever used that doesn't work. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks ahead of time.

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Is it a multiboot?
    Try forcing video mode NTSC.

3. kylehaas
    OP

United States
    I've tried that with both loaders... The game remains black and white on WiiGator's loader, and, as I already mentioned, the video is perfect with NeoGamma- it just doesn't get past the first screen.

4. Krestent

United States
    I repeat myself: is it a multiboot disc?

EDIT: Try hitting start before it freezes in Neogamma

5. kylehaas
    OP

United States
    I'm sorry, it is a multiboot disc. I've made plenty like this before, I know there was not a burn error or anything like that. It is the loader that has the problem. However, it may be because I set up the loader wrong, but as I have said, I've never had this problem before.

Also, I tried pressing start and nothing happens. It still freezes at the Edgar Allan Poe quote.
    It's so odd, because it works fine with the other loader... Just only in black and white...

6. Krestent

United States
    Multiboot is known to have video issues with the GC Backup Loader. Try burning the game by itself to DVD.

7. kylehaas
    OP

United States
    Is there no other way? Can anyone explain why my other channel is in black and white (possibly PAL?)? I'd have to re-download it to try again...
    Also, the GC Backup Loader is in black and white before I even put a disk in... It's almost like it loads the program in PAL VIDEO MODE automatically... I can't explain it.

After doing a lot of research, I've come to the conclusion that the problem is with the multiboot disc creator. Apparently, it creates only PAL discs, no matter what. I'm going to screw around with this and see what I can do... Does a better/fixed multi iso creator exist?

8. kylehaas
    OP

United States
    I couldn't fix this problem, but, without using multiboot, it all worked out. I just had to use multiple discs.