Writing to Nintendo

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by Yil, May 12, 2015.

1. Yil
    OP

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    Draft 1
    Dear Reggie,

After the Wii u finally is brought back to life with the help of Mario Kart, Smash Bros and many other titles, Nintendo had been acting a little cocky to its loyal customers. We could totally understand, and we all hope the big N to be back to the throne, and become a saviour to the industrial.
    VR has been quite popular recently, and multiple companies like Sony, Valve and Microsoft (though Hololens are not intended for Xbox) are involved. When Nintendo can get the hand on this, in a sense it is too late. Besides, VR is quite against the philosophy of Nintendo and the contents currently available is not too fun either. However VR does have a potential competitor that is in a sense far more superior, which are Holograms. I found this project called bleen on indiegogo that could project holograms without oversized and overpriced projector or pre-constructed membrane. It is still in early development and not too cheap but has some incredible potential, such as making hologram the same size as a human while it self being or screen-less display, though you will need to develop some advanced sensing technology to make it more interactive. Please at least investigate the prototypes, as most of your competitors are not focused on this (I am not one of the developers or company employees of bleen).
    Long live the big N. And good luck with new 3ds XL, wii u and the NX as well as new Membership Program, PC, Mobile, spinoffs and theme parks.

Sincerely,
    Some random fan that lives in Canada

VinsCool likes this.
  2. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Good luck, have fun.

Edit: If anything, ask them to remove region lock while you're at it. Do us all a favor.

nxwing, Margen67 and VinsCool like this.
  3. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    Tell us if you get an answer

4. VinsCool

VinsCool Disgusted

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    An Alternate Reality
    For a second I thought it was going to be a rant against Nintendo :rofl2:
    I feel better after reading the first post :)

nxwing and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  5. Yil
    OP

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    Draft 2
    Dear Reggie,

After the Wii u finally is brought back to life with the help of Mario Kart, Smash Bros and many other titles, Nintendo had been acting a little cocky to its loyal customers. We could totally understand, and we all hope the big N to be back to the throne, and become a saviour to the industry.
    While you might not be able share any information about your membership, mobile, pc plan or the NX system, please consider unlocking region on you future platforms, or even your current ones like 3ds and wii u. You do not want people have to hack to play games in other regions.
    VR has been quite popular recently, and multiple companies like Sony, Valve and Microsoft (though Hololens are not intended for Xbox) are involved. When Nintendo can get the hand on this, it will be too late. Besides, VR is quite against the philosophy of Nintendo and the contents currently available is not too fun either. However VR does have a potential competitor that is in a sense far more superior, which are Holograms. I found this project called bleen on indiegogo that could project holograms without oversized and overpriced projector or pre-constructed membrane. It is still in early development and not too cheap but has some incredible potential, such as making hologram the same size as a human while itself being far smaller or as screen-less display to show at any angle, though you will need to develop some advanced sensing technology to make it more interactive. Please at least investigate the prototypes, as most of your competitors are not focused on this (I am not one of the developers or company employees of bleen).
    Long live the big N. And good luck with new 3ds XL, wii u and the NX as well as new Membership Program, PC, Mobile, spinoffs and theme parks.

Sincerely,

Some random fan that lives in Canada

Why would I go against nintendo? I hate Activision, EA and soon Ubisoft.

nxwing and VinsCool like this.
  6. VinsCool

VinsCool Disgusted

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    An Alternate Reality
    The thread title misleaded me, since many people hates nintendo.
    Don't worry about me, I'm a longtime nintendo fan :)

7. emigre

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    Dear Nintendo,

You're so fine, you blow my my mind.

Love

emigre

xx

WiiCube_2013, nxwing and KingVamp like this.
  8. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Got to say, I don't trust this Bleen project. Btw, Hololens is AR.

yuyuyup likes this.
  9. Yil
    OP

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    That's why investigation is required. I do feel like false ads. But if this was true, it is a game changer.

10. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Is "bleen" supposed to be capitalized? At least put it in quotations, and capitalize Wii U, New 3DS XL, etc. Make sure to add "to" after able. Check all bolded fixes that I added

Also, it probably will not go directly to Reggie, but some random PR person. It's ok if you still address it to Reggie, but just keep that in mind

VinsCool likes this.
  11. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    Do not let Reggie know about bleen

12. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Why isn't this in EoF?

It's some random joke thread right?
    No one's dumb enough to think Nintendo gives a shit about their letter.

Margen67 likes this.
  13. VinsCool

VinsCool Disgusted

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    An Alternate Reality
    No it's not a joke thread. Stop bullying the Nintendo fandom :wub:

Margen67 and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  14. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    I mean this is kinda why Nintendo fans are bullied.
    Just sayin'.

15. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    "VR is quite against Nintendo's philosophy"

[​IMG]

16. VinsCool

VinsCool Disgusted

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    An Alternate Reality
    That was the prototype :creep:

Now we are getting serious ;)

17. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    pls nintendyoh be my kawaii waifu~

^this thread

nxwing likes this.
  18. VinsCool

VinsCool Disgusted

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    An Alternate Reality
    I love you Nathan, very homo :3

19. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Nintendo always replies so that's something to expect within a few days or in just a matter of hours.

This reminds me, I need to send Nintendo a message about the broken incomplete utter garbage that is Mario Kart 8' Battle Mode stage.

Margen67 and VinsCool like this.
  20. Yil
    OP

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    Draft 3
    Dear Reggie,

After the Wii u finally is brought back to life, Nintendo had been acting a little cocky to its loyal customers. We could totally understand, and we all hope the big N to be back to the throne, and again become the saviour of the industry.

While you might not be able to share any information about your membership, mobile, PC plan or the NX system, please consider unlocking region on you future platforms, or even your current ones like 3DS and WII U. You do not want people have to hack their system to play games in other regions, which in many cases have resulted in pirated copy. It would also be great if the NX could replace DVD/ blue-ray reader so some people would not have to buy a ps4 or xbox one for that.

Amiibo had been a problem too. As you can see from my address, I live in **** ******, and Amiibo has been completely absent this month, not even wave 1 Mario. If Nintendo was to make profit of these figurines, there should be enough supplies.

VR has been quite popular recently, with Sony, Valve, Microsoft, and Facebook (with Oculus Rift) in the market, and it’s on the way to mobile. When Nintendo can get the hand on this, it will be too late. Besides, VR is quite against the philosophy of Nintendo. VR has a potential competitor that is in a sense far more superior, Holograms. They do not do as much damage to the body as VR and has greater use. I found this project called Bleen on Indiegogo. It is still in early development and not too cheap to be installed on a console but has some incredible potential. Making hologram the same size as a human with tiny projectors or giant screen-less display at any angle can provide new game play, though you will need to develop some advanced sensing technology to make it more interactive. At least investigate the prototypes, as most of your competitors are focused on VR. It will be a game changer, especially under the hand of Nintendo. And even if the prototypes were not as good, consider developing your own.

Good luck with New 3DS XL, WII U and in the future the NX as well as new Membership Program, PC, Mobile, spinoffs and theme parks. Hail the big N.

Sincerely,

Some random fan that lives in Canada and is not a Bleen employee