Write Protected SD card

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by kingdee, Oct 29, 2007.

1. kingdee
    OP

kingdee Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2006
    My micro sd is write protected, when i try to change anything on pc I get an error saying

I don't know why this is happening i have my r4 and sd card about 8months and I have never had this problem.
    The card is only half full and the lock switch on the side is not turned on.

I can't even format it because of the protection

I am running Vista Ultimate if that makes a difference.

Can anybody help?

2. rhyguy

rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 21, 2007
    Melbourne
    if your using the sd adapter, check if the write protection switch on the side is turned on

3. kingdee
    OP

kingdee Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2006
    I just tested the adapter with a different micro sd card and it is working fine so it must be my micro sd that is write protected.
    But there is no switch on that so i don't know how it would have become write protected.

4. demispike

demispike Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2007
    Belgium
    you should try to first dismantle your usb thing out and then pull it out i just restarted my pc and it worked

5. enigmaindex

enigmaindex the Scarecrow

Oct 11, 2007
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Use the USB adapter, my SD adapters were total shit and never worked.

6. kingdee
    OP

kingdee Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2006
    How i was connecting was with a micro to sd card adapter plugged into a sd to usb adapter. My card did not work that way but an identical card did.
    I have switched since and just used the micro to sd card adapter and it works with that.

Very strange.

7. kingdee
    OP

kingdee Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2006
    How i was connecting was with a micro to sd card adapter plugged into a sd to usb adapter. My card did not work that way but an identical card did.
    I have switched since and just used the micro to sd card adapter and it works with that.

Very strange.

8. azotyp

azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 19, 2007
    Poland
    Poland
    Maybe formatting card in some camera would help (i read that sometimes it fixes problems with memory cards).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice