Hacking WPA on supercard dstwo (3ds)

choatix451

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
When your trying to play a DSi enhanced game such as Pokemon Black/White can you use the WPA connection instead of WEP. I was trying to do that from the flashcart and it doesn't let me anyone have any idea on what i have to do?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The DSTWO doesn't even have DSi mode for one, thus it isn't possible.
The only flashcart that has any chance of doing that is the iEvolution, but there isn't a proper dump of any Pokemon Black/White version and it's unable to use DSi mode on a 3DS.
Thus, the only thing to tell you is that if you attempt trying to do that on a 3DS, the only outcome is that you won't be getting anywhere with the current flashcarts there are...period.

choatix451

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No i meant what do you actually mean by period. I've never heard the expression used in England. Is it purely an emphatic technique?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
choatix451 said:
No i meant what do you actually mean by period. I've never heard the expression used in England. Is it purely an emphatic technique?
??? - Well I have & I also live in the UK - I guess it depends on how old you are as I believe it is an old saying
wink2.gif
... but anyway back on topic

It's already been said but 99.99% of flashcards can only run in a 'DS mode', meaning no DSi/XL/3DS 'features' (such as the Cameras/SD slot etc) are available for use by them.

Since WPA security is a DSi/XL/3DS 'feature' then flashcards are unable to use it & so they have to fall back to the 'DS mode' WEP security

It also means any DSi 'enhanced' games will only work in DS mode when run from flashcards as well - & that's why you can't access the DSi extras in game

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why would you even *want* to use WPA instead? Most of DS games use WEP - either use a Nintendo Wi-Fi dongle or switch, it's not like it's rocket science.

Sure, security is lower, but the actual chance of your network getting hacked is close to nul if you protect it right.

I have an IP restriction up - the network can only assign 3 IP's which are, in turn, assigned to 3 MAC's. DHCP is off, so it's a guessing game. Anyone would give up after attempting to connect, even if he does obtain the right WEP password and move on to an easier-to-hack network.

That said, my router is cheapo - yours can do the exact same thing.

killah2km

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
Why would you even *want* to use WPA instead? Most of DS games use WEP - either use a Nintendo Wi-Fi dongle or switch, it's not like it's rocket science.

Sure, security is lower, but the actual chance of your network getting hacked is close to nul if you protect it right.

I have an IP restriction up - the network can only assign 3 IP's which are, in turn, assigned to 3 MAC's. DHCP is off, so it's a guessing game. Anyone would give up after attempting to connect, even if he does obtain the right WEP password and move on to an easier-to-hack network.

That said, my router is cheapo - yours can do the exact same thing.

guess you never heard of mac spoofing...

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's weird is that i'm running Pokemon Black (The actual cart) on my 3DS and i can't pick up WPA while playing it. :/

D

Deleted-236924

jurassicplayer said:
but there isn't a proper dump of any Pokemon Black/White version
Just to clarify something...
While some people might come on here saying the Japanese and the French versions are "properly dumped", from what I've heard from other people who tried it on their iEvo, they weren't able to access any of the Wireless and Wi-Fi features even though it could load in DSi mode.

Foxi4 said:
either use a Nintendo Wi-Fi dongle or switch
Many people cannot do that.

QUOTE(Cortador @ Apr 20 2011, 05:43 PM)
What's weird is that i'm running Pokemon Black (The actual cart) on my 3DS and i can't pick up WPA while playing it. :/
The router might not be compatible with the 3DS.
Or is your connection set to "hidden", by any chance?

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. It is not set to be hidden. I can find it with other devices (Psp/Iphone/Laptop, and etc...) if im not mistaken, even with the 3ds i can find it, though i can't connect to it (In DS mode).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Rydian said:
killah2km said:
guess you never heard of mac spoofing...
Yeah, with WEP you can pick a MAC address being used right out of the air.

Have a nice time trying to find 1 of the 3 IP's inputted in the database. Also, have a fun time trying to find a time slot when at least 1 of the MAC's isn't used.

You might aswell put your hand in a blender or just move on to an easier-to-hack network. My passes won't give you jack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Mother 3 in second place. I guess I'll play that.