WPA in my building, bought wifi-link for laptop

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by bikbok, Aug 14, 2007.

1. bikbok
    OP

bikbok Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2007
    Norway
    I am connected to a WPA-network where I live. I can't change the settings for this wireless router, so I bought a USB Wifi-Link to use as a bridge. My laptop connected to a wpa-network, the usb-link connected to my computer, and then my nds connected to the usb-link.. or so i thought..

I follow the instructions from the manual, set the usb-link to "access point-mode", but I can't make the NDS find the usb-link.. so does anyone know what gives??

UPDATE:

Okay, I've managed to get some communication between the usb-link and the NDS, but I am still not able to get the NDS online.
    I have two connections in windows: MAIN and NDS. MAIN is connected to the WPA-enabled router with DHCP, however I get the same IP everytime (it's reserved), NDS is the usb-link.. Should I specify an IP address on this one?

I've also tried going around the app that came with the usb-link, and use ICS (internet connection sharing), but windows tells me that the IP needed for ICS is already taken, but I know it isn't :-S

Link to drivers / manual for the usb-link http://www.mayflash.com/Download/WiFi%20LINK%20setup.zip

Here's a picture of the product:
    http://www.mod-chip.com/images/wifi_link/w...ink_box_big.jpg
    [​IMG]

all help appreciated

2. Kitsun

Kitsun Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2007
    Australia, Melbourne
    Are you running Windows or Linux?

With my Linux setup I use my laptop to both connect with WPA to my router and serve as a AP for my DS.

Dunno how to do that on Windows tho.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice