WPA in my building, bought wifi-link for laptop

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by bikbok, Aug 14, 2007.

Aug 14, 2007
  1. bikbok

Newcomer bikbok Member

Jul 19, 2007
    I am connected to a WPA-network where I live. I can't change the settings for this wireless router, so I bought a USB Wifi-Link to use as a bridge. My laptop connected to a wpa-network, the usb-link connected to my computer, and then my nds connected to the usb-link.. or so i thought..

I follow the instructions from the manual, set the usb-link to "access point-mode", but I can't make the NDS find the usb-link.. so does anyone know what gives??

Okay, I've managed to get some communication between the usb-link and the NDS, but I am still not able to get the NDS online.
    I have two connections in windows: MAIN and NDS. MAIN is connected to the WPA-enabled router with DHCP, however I get the same IP everytime (it's reserved), NDS is the usb-link.. Should I specify an IP address on this one?

I've also tried going around the app that came with the usb-link, and use ICS (internet connection sharing), but windows tells me that the IP needed for ICS is already taken, but I know it isn't :-S

Link to drivers / manual for the usb-link http://www.mayflash.com/Download/WiFi%20LINK%20setup.zip

Here's a picture of the product:

all help appreciated
  2. Kitsun

Newcomer Kitsun Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Australia, Melbourne
    Are you running Windows or Linux?

With my Linux setup I use my laptop to both connect with WPA to my router and serve as a AP for my DS.

Dunno how to do that on Windows tho.