Misc WPA Connect ad WEP

UL152000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a DSi and a DS lite and Have a WPA connection, I can not change it as my Router does not support WEP connection and I'm an NOT unsecuring my connection. I need to see If I have an alternative like use my old PC as a Nintendo WIFI USB and have a wep connection created, or something that allows me to have a private wep connection for Wiimmfi or ALTWFC for MKDS, ACWW and other games I have. Can anyone help?

Evil pol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think every router which supports WPA, supports also WEP encryption. What is the brand and model of your router?

Last edited by Evil pol,

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have a DSi and a DS lite and Have a WPA connection, I can not change it as my Router does not support WEP connection and I'm an NOT unsecuring my connection. I need to see If I have an alternative like use my old PC as a Nintendo WIFI USB and have a wep connection created, or something that allows me to have a private wep connection for Wiimmfi or ALTWFC for MKDS, ACWW and other games I have. Can anyone help?
you can make guest network on router

jamezfat

Trophies
Website
www.rickrolled.fr
XP
Country
United States
you can make guest network on router
The problem with that is that many guest networks require you to accept "terms and conditions" when you connect. The bad part? The og ds DOES NOT have a built in web browser to do so. Yes, I know the of ds/ds lite had a separate browser that could be purchased. But I'm not shure if it would work. And yes the dsi and 3ds have browsers as well And they work on WPA, yes while this is correct these browsers would be useless as og ds games use completely different set connection settings than the dsi/3ds(wich use the same) if you are playing dsi ware /dsi game or a dsi enhanced title (such as pokemon black/white/2 you could use your normal router, as the dsi has capability to connect to WPA and sertan games were programmed to tale advantage of it.
NOTE you must be playing on a dsi/xl or a 3ds/xl/2ds/New 3ds/xl for this to work because again the of ds did not have this function.

So if you are playing a og ds (non dsi enhanced) then maybe use the purchaceable browser. If that works then you would follow these steps

1. Go to th wifi settings in the browser

2. Wipe all connection settings

3. Create a New connection with the guest network, test it, then exit back to the browser

4. Open a New page and see if the sign in page opens, if not then your adventure ends here and this won't work

5. If it worked, then agree and connect

6. Test it by googling something

7.If it is still working then pat yourself on the back because you are almost done!

8. Exit the game and such (we don't want to just turn it off and corrupt the connection data)

9. Okay now this is a BIG MAYBE but turn off your ds, and insert your action replay and game/patched Rom (with flashcard) and hope that it works

10. Go set up the wifi again
(DO NOT WIPE IT)

11. Enter the server stuff for whatever you are using.( wiimmfc, altwifi, ext)

12. Attempt to connect to the game servers

13. Profit?

Okay now if you are wondering what I'm talking about then listen closely

Think of the "ip address" as a name on a guess list and the encryption as the bouncer looking for phonies

So as long as you make a reservation by agreeing you should be fine as long as the following don't happen.,

1. Change your ip/"name"
(NOTE your ip address will most likely change at some point in the future, this is normal and done for security reasons. If this happens, just use the browser to accept the terms /"reserve a spot"

2. Some guest networks only let you on for a set amount of time, this can usually be changed in the router settings though.

If not, then enjoy your 30 mins of mario kart!

The way the guest encryption works is pretty simple, first it redirects your hompage to be an unlisted page where the have their rules and such.

Then by agreeing your current ip address has the okay to pass through security and use normal wifi
(Unless things are blocked by an admin)

So when you try to connect in the other game it sees your ip as "safe" and allows it to pass no problem.

So yeah congrats if It worked, and sorry for wasting your time if it didn't.

Also if the game switch didn't work you still can technically connect to the server with just the browser by
Making an AR code or patching the Rom for a flashcart, then enter the addresses and stuff in the settings,

And if that worked then now here is where things get...
Funny? You can connect to the custom server now,

But only sorta, as you won't be able to play the game

Not shure if that part was much use though

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried going online with my Nintendo DS Lite and I encountered the same problem. Since the DS lite is outdates with old Wi-Fi hardware there isn't any way for me to take it online. I can't even attempt to use a FTP Home-brew because I can't connect to my ISP Router since my DS Lite hardware is outdated..

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried going online with my Nintendo DS Lite and I encountered the same problem. Since the DS lite is outdates with old Wi-Fi hardware there isn't any way for me to take it online. I can't even attempt to use a FTP Home-brew because I can't connect to my ISP Router since my DS Lite hardware is outdated..
Nice bump

Anyways, you can try to use your phone to make a WEP connection, or just buy a cheap router and create a WEP network, or use a guest network

Brandan934

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If possible, type your router's IP into your address bar, go to the WiFi settings and edit the 'Guest' network, change the WiFi security to WEP and if you want more security measures, type in the DS's MAC Address displayed in the DS's WiFi settings (on the game cartridge that is). I don't know if the connection settings of on cartridge carry over to another, though.

Brandan934

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another thread bump 2 years later.

I tried and tried to connect my DS to my guest network and even normal wifi, changing them both to WEP and no password temporarily to test it.

But I finally found out a method months ago. I had this wifi extender stored away that also works as an access point. So, I plugged it in and connected it to an ethernet port in my house, changed its settings on my phone to be a WEP access point, connected my DS and tadaah, it worked perfectly.

This isn't an option available to everyone but I thought I might share some insight.

sonico

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello Everyone,

first of all sorry for my english. i bought a japanese DSi and i would like to connect to wifi. but i got this error message, when i try to connect with advanced setup and wrote wep key (attached picture).

i tried several methods, i have a european dsi, so i try to connect a lot of way with like that (it succeeded).

i do not do a guest connection without passwords :/

Can anyone help me in this?

Attachments

• IMG_7106.JPG
    IMG_7106.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 185

KGBEER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,

first of all sorry for my english. i bought a japanese DSi and i would like to connect to wifi. but i got this error message, when i try to connect with advanced setup and wrote wep key (attached picture).

i tried several methods, i have a european dsi, so i try to connect a lot of way with like that (it succeeded).

i do not do a guest connection without passwords :/

Can anyone help me in this?

Not sure about the origin of the problem, but the message says the
input information is wrong (maybe login and/or pass)
as you own a japanese ds version make sure you are input with correct keyboard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, JonTron's back yet again until he disappears into the void for another 6 or...