wow nintendo ur bad

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by thc42O, Jul 18, 2009.

Jul 18, 2009

wow nintendo ur bad by thc42O at 8:44 PM (1,327 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. thc42O
    OP

Banned thc42O Banned

Canada
    WOw they really suck at life. For a billion dollar corporation ude think they would be able to delete a simple ticket called fucking HAXX like wow.

Preloader + Update block hack + Update through wii settings = 4.1 with all bug retention.

itll say "nintendo was unable to update your console" but when u click "wii menu" , u are presented with 4.1 Sysmenu and your cIOS untouched HBC untouched.

Only thing it killed was cioscorp (*duh, kinda overwrites that) and preloader again duh....

but like really they should get their shit t ogether only thing im upset about is theres no 4.1 preloader hacks.ini yet, or maybe i just cant find it

2. ThatDudeWithTheFood

Member ThatDudeWithTheFood TRIANGLEZ

United States
    4.1 was just for Wii Sports Resort nothing big Nintendo needed to fix a bug in their game that just came out didnt have enough time to kill homebrew plus just because you have homebrew channel installed doesnt mean your doing bad things with ur wii

3. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It's more logical from their standpoint to eliminate the methods homebrew uses to get into the system. Like, eliminate the twilight hack or eliminate bannerbomb.

There isn't much sense in them trying to find and delete everything you can install onto the wii once hacked. If they deleted the homebrew channel by ticket ID, then the homebrew channel could just switch to something else. It'd be a cat and mouse game that would just be a waste of time for everyone. After all, Nintendo knows that if you have the system hacked, and they release an update that deletes your hacks, then people will just find a way to get the update and disable its homebrew elimination functions.

4. eleison

Newcomer eleison Advanced Member

Germany
    And... at the other hand...
    Do you remember how ms made it, that today nearly ever Computer on this earth runs Windows?

Why should Nintendo even care about hacks? In this gen, its the only company which gets a plus per sold Hardware. So, the problem isnt Nintendos.

"Hey, lets get a Wii. U can hakkz0r like hell und pirate like ass"

Nintendo knows, what they doing. And if they wanted to, noobs like us never were able to hack the Wii that simple.

5. thc42O
    OP

Banned thc42O Banned

Canada
    i think their standpoint is , Look how many xbox originals sold AFTER it was hacked, lets just let em pirate, we arent losing money game devs are.

6. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    Oh but they are losing money. Nintendo gets a fairly decent royalty on every game sold for a Nintendo system. This is always where the retailers make all their money, as they barely get anything for hardware sales.

7. beegee7730

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    Deleting files is illigal in most countries.

8. emupaul

Member emupaul GBAtemp Fan

United States
    http://mashable.com/2009/07/17/amazon-kindle-1984/

I guess not according to amazon, deleting a file you own maybe illegal, but you don't own the original you own a copy of their software and agree to use it
    on their terms. DRM

9. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well, guess who won't be buying a Kindle. lol

I can use other things though. My PSP can read PDF's pretty well. I'm sure my DS could too if I got a reader for it.

But regarding the whole Nintendo thing, I'm sure they could modify the EULA so that they're able to delete your hacked stuff if they find any of it. But again, there is not much of a point to that. It's easier to just seal the hole.

10. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    4.1 is not the system menu nintendo was working on since the 4.0 release. Just be patient and see what the next system menu does.

11. pm_41

Member pm_41 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    4.1 was just a quick fix (and I mean quick). I wouldn't be suprised if more homebrew bugs are found in 4.1 than in 4.0. [​IMG]