Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
MH2G sold 880K copies in 4 days from the release date, replacing SSBB's 820k copies in the same number of days.

In 2 weeks, Sony released about 1.5 million copies, of which 1.37 million were sold.

As a result, PSP's hardware weekly sales is about the same as combined weekly sales of DS,Wii,PS2,3, and X360 O.o

Considering MH2's cumulative sales is ~1.7 million, MH2G's explosive sales could lead to 2m in a rather short time?

I'm playing MH Freedom 2 atm, the reason I found MH not fun last time I played was because I used a Greatsword =P
Now I use a Gunlance and it feels like a different game lol!

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
In fact, MH is bigger in handheld than consoles.
PS2 versions of MH/MHG/MH2 sold very few, PSP MH sold more than all three PS2 versions combined.

Unless MH3 offers something groundbreaking, don't think it'll sell well. If you look at Nintendo software sales charts, non-Nintendo games seriously suffer.

MH2G can convert MH2 saves, so you can play MHF2 US/EU and when MH2G US/EU comes out you can continue from where you left off.
The early half (actually more than half?) of MH2G is just MH2.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thebobevil said:
cupajoe38 said:
thebobevil said:
Hadrian said:
I wonder how big will the Wii game be?

Off tha higgle fa' bliggle

A cookie to anyone who can tell me who said that.
Bill Cosby.

Cookie?

No cookie for you ...

NOOOOO!!!!

I thought for sure it was bill.

Anyways, Monster Hunter doesn't look like a game I would enjoy...

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Actually it's best to stay away from MH if you can.
Basically the game turns a normal person into a hikikomori (Note: translation needed)
I, for once, couldn't snap out of the game until it was too late. Some chunk of my life, gone.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deathfisaro said:
Basically the game turns a normal person into a hikikomori (Note: translation needed)
I, for once, couldn't snap out of the game until it was too late. Some chunk of my life, gone.
lulwut?

if you like generic combat
horrible controls and fighting
basically no story

may explain why it only sells in japan and everywhere else sales are crud

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
deathfisaro said:
lulwut?

if you like generic combat
horrible controls and fighting
basically no story

may explain why it only sells in japan and everywhere else sales are crud

"lern2play"

The controls are fine, the fighting is fine. You obviously got raped by a giadrome and cried about it, game's obviously too GAR for you.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope you just suffered from what we like to call MH fanboyism
its the same fanboyism that derived from FF7 and Halo fanboys

and I played the game just fine
it felt and played like crap which the game is

I notice people tend to say what you just said a lot
"omg u just probably suk @ the game, u get owned and call it stupid"
I dont think so, I played it and agreed with all the flaws the reviews said (non-biased reviews >_> )

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe because it's a different genre. It isn't just an action game, it's more of a hunting game. You can't expect DMC in MH.

Even MH fans (not fanboys, just fans) agree that if you don't find the game fun after hunting the first Yuan Kut-ku, you probably won't find the game fun no matter how much you play.
(Also if you blindly picked a greatsword without trying other 10 weapons first, there's only about 10% chance that you'll enjoy the game.)

I first hated MH and didn't bother with it because I didn't go through the weapon tutorial. I picked up a weapon that didn't suit me. When I went over all 11 tutorials and chose gunlance, I started playing 20 hours a week.

It took me 45 minutes hunting my first Elder Dragon (Kushala Daora), I died twice. The next time I hunted it, I had the exact same gear, but I hunted it without dying. You can actually feel your skill improving, and that's probably one of the reason people keep playing.

I know some people that are not going to play GTA4 because they don't find it fun. Them playing the game and feeling like crap doesn't make the game crap.

"non-biased" reviews? Does that mean you read at least 5 of Japanese reviews as well? I don't think there ever is a non-biased review, unless a review simply listed out facts and totally lack personal opinion (and that wouldn't be a review).

If the Japanese and the non-Japanese have the exact same taste in games, then MH wouldn't have failed in NA/EU, and 360 wouldn't have failed in Japan. You can't expect different people to accept same things.

Look at PC gamers, some are graphic whores, some are framerate whores. If you look at a game running at medium graphics options in 1280x1024 and thinking "Wow the visual is crap" doesn't change the fact it's running at 100fps.

I don't know why you have to show such a rejection response, learn to accept people with different taste.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gotta agree with deathfisaro ... just because you don't like something, doesn't mean everyone wont like it, and it doesn't mean it's bad ...

How dull would the world be, if well all liked exactly the same things ... ?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deathfisaro said:
Maybe because it's a different genre. It isn't just an action game, it's more of a hunting game. You can't expect DMC in MH.

Even MH fans (not fanboys, just fans) agree that if you don't find the game fun after hunting the first Yuan Kut-ku, you probably won't find the game fun no matter how much you play.
(Also if you blindly picked a greatsword without trying other 10 weapons first, there's only about 10% chance that you'll enjoy the game.)

I first hated MH and didn't bother with it because I didn't go through the weapon tutorial. I picked up a weapon that didn't suit me. When I went over all 11 tutorials and chose gunlance, I started playing 20 hours a week.

It took me 45 minutes hunting my first Elder Dragon (Kushala Daora), I died twice. The next time I hunted it, I had the exact same gear, but I hunted it without dying. You can actually feel your skill improving, and that's probably one of the reason people keep playing.

I know some people that are not going to play GTA4 because they don't find it fun. Them playing the game and feeling like crap doesn't make the game crap.

"non-biased" reviews? Does that mean you read at least 5 of Japanese reviews as well? I don't think there ever is a non-biased review, unless a review simply listed out facts and totally lack personal opinion (and that wouldn't be a review).

If the Japanese and the non-Japanese have the exact same taste in games, then MH wouldn't have failed in NA/EU, and 360 wouldn't have failed in Japan. You can't expect different people to accept same things.

Look at PC gamers, some are graphic whores, some are framerate whores. If you look at a game running at medium graphics options in 1280x1024 and thinking "Wow the visual is crap" doesn't change the fact it's running at 100fps.

I don't know why you have to show such a rejection response, learn to accept people with different taste.
I wasnt expecting a DMC/GoW/ect... game here
I was expecting a decent game here

I played the first and second one and I will probably play 2G also, but everytime I play a new MH game
they never improve the problems from the last
bad camera angles\controls, slow loading times, "fluff" story, repetitive enemies and quests, sometimes a lost in translation occurs in the english the game uses, clunky combat system (same problems that plagues game like SH and RE[before 4])
theres more but I covered the basics...

as for missions like the elder dragon, why the hell am I wasting 30 mins doing the exact same thing over and over again
its just walking down the path and you keep hitting it over and over again. and it just keeps walking, you dont get hurt unless you walk near its feet or tail
the only real interesting part was the last part which lasted for only a min
and every game its the exact same mission over and the same enemies
which some crud story "you must rise to be a great hunter and save this village..." or something like that...

when a game is only successful in one region out of 3 or more, then theres something wrong with the game
alot of people arnt appealing to it for some reason or another

and you say learn to except people with different taste, then why cant you except my taste...?

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, mainly because you said "This game sucks shit" instead of "This game is not for me"

Monster Hunter is not for everyone, I stopped playing because high rank quests are just clones of low rank quests with stronger enemies.

MH is very hit or miss kinda game, but it sold faster and more than SSBB (X) in Japan. (SSBB used to hold a record of selling a lot of copies in a short period of time, and MH2G broke that =/) So it's just hitting a lot in Japan, and missing a lot out of Japan. If the game sucked to the bones, then there wouldn't be any fans even in Japan.

Giangsta

Trophies
XP
Country
i got the first game atm and i've played like 5 mins of the game, im planning to get the 2nd one but im wondering is it any different to the first game or should i finish MH1 first.

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think the save from MH1 can get transferred to MH2, given that both games are from the same region (very positive but not 100% positive).
Usually gear recipe changes, and so do monsters stats and behavior (by a little bit).

If you play MH1 first, and then transfer it to MH2, then you may feel like some monsters have gotten a lot weaker and such.

Starting with MH2 should be fine, (or even MH2G) because the game core doesn't change much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fucking etcher and it's validation