Wow... I didnt even know this stuff exsited.

BILDO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howdie all, I been a hardcore gamer all my life.... and I recently had my Nintendo DS stolen =/

I was trying to decided between a NDS and a PSP... but then I came across this website.

Holy hell, I didnt know the NDS was so hackable... I heard of Modded Xbox and Modded Wii (i have a Wii, dont know if I should mod it).

But my lord, companies that make GBA slot devices and all this stuff.

So I guess my question would be... The DS or the PSP... and if the DS, where do I get started to learn about all this stuff?

I hate reading... anybody wana give me a quick overview on TeamSpeak or Ventrillo or SteamVoiceChat or Xfire lol

This looks damn cool... somebody drop me some knowlege.

-BILDO

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Simple, get a flash card, get a MicroSD cad, push the MicroSD card into the flashcard, insert the flashcard into the DS, enjoy. Can't get much easier than that.

By the way, welcome to GBATemp.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You may also want to put some games on the micro SD card first so you will have somthing to play
tongue.gif

Holaitsme

10/10 would be loyal again
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i feel your pain my ds was stolen too but you need a flashcart and to get one buy one online at dealextreme.com(cheap) i recommend a acekard 2 then youll need a micro sd card you can get those at walmart. after all that you just pop it in your ds slot 1 and download roms that you own *wink* *wink* and homebrew and just put it in the micro sd

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
imo the DS is more fun than PSP. some people prefer the PSP but I've found most people like the DS. DS is more popular than PSP, but of course PSP has better graphics and more room for homebrew software due to its processing power and expandability.

For DS, as above, it's pretty easy. Just get one of those slot-1 cards and a microsd and copy your software onto the microsd and plug it into your slot-1 card and plug that into your DS. PSP is a bit more complicated, you'd need a pandora's battery and some software to unlock its potential. But it definitely can be done. DS is the simple way to go and the games are very fun.

D

Deleted-119707

Welcome. just do some research on this stuff. there are plenty of websites. i started researching about a year ago and im and addict
rolleyes.gif
. if you do your reasearch, get your desired flashcart can you can easily find your way their. if you need any help or ave questions, im happy to help
smile.gif

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to GBAtemp! As for the PSP/DS debate... I play my DS waaaay more than my PSP... My PSP runs CFW and I have a flashcart for my DS. The DS is easier to care for, tote around, hold (O.o), and simply has more fun games than the PSP... But the PSP has a greater amount of homebrew... Though a good bit is not that fun (I've tried a lot...).

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got my PSP, and I have a DS.

I would say go for the DS Lite. There are tons of great games.

LokusT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As I understand it, now I don't have a PSP myself but homebrew on the PSP has a bit more polish and naturally, according to the power of the hardware, has the more advanced capabilities from homebrew, would I be right in saying?

Although, even if that is correct, the DS does have a pretty thriving homebrew community itself so isn't really something to be dismissed. It greatly depends really what you want overall from either system. Personally, I know first hand that the DS has some excellent games and certainly seems to be the better choice in that area but the PSP has great emulation capabilities too if I'm not mistaken. I'd go with the DS if the choice was mine but emulation on the PSP does interest me too.

Lady Mazy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know what you mean. xD I knew a bit before I stumbled upon this forum, but I didn't know the extent of what you could do with a DS. I have both the DS and the PSP, but I tend to gravitate toward the DS more. Both are good systems though. I think I just like the simplicity of the DS.

BILDO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow thanks for all the quick replys.... obviously this being a DS forum base everyone says DS... plus I have a case/pens/games for a DS so I might as well pick another one up.

Can anybody tell me what the best flashcart is? would you get the R4? or is there something better?

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BILDO said:
I hate reading... anybody wana give me a quick overview on TeamSpeak or Ventrillo or SteamVoiceChat or Xfire lol

This looks damn cool... somebody drop me some knowlege.

-BILDO
I have Skype and Xfire, PM me if you want to chat (guess my username)
smile.gif

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BILDO said:
wow thanks for all the quick replys.... obviously this being a DS forum base everyone says DS... plus I have a case/pens/games for a DS so I might as well pick another one up.

Can anybody tell me what the best flashcart is? would you get the R4? or is there something better?
If you have 80$ to spare you want the CycloDs which is the best flashcart out there
Cyclo DS:60$
SDHC 4gigs Card for the CycloDS:20$
If you are interested I can give you links on were to buy them.

Raganook

Raganook
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Highly Recommend:

CycloDS.

Features:

*INCREDIBLY active support team that updates IMMEDIATELY when a problem arises.
*Nice, simple OS
*State Saving
*Saves are stored without a battery
*Cheat Engine
*100% compatibility/no slowdowns in games, even problem games
*Easily skinnable

Anyways, I have owned an: R4, EZIV/EZV, DSLink and CycloDS, and I can tell you by FAR, that the CycloDS was the best purchase, hands down, without hesitation.

mong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
R4 is the most well-known in the flashcart industry but there are so many different now that I don't think the R4 is the one to choose anymore. In terms of price and compability, I would suggest the acekard2 which is only ~23.50$ at dealextreme.com. If you want features, the supercard or the cycloDS may be something to look into. Although very good, they are expensive compared to the acekard2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.